New 2706e! Great tractor...

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #1  

RegicusMaximus

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
Took me a while obsessing over tractors but I finally made the decision and got her home. Came down to the Mahindra 5555 or the Massey 2706e. The Mahindra is a lot heavier tractor but I could not get over how comfortable the Massey is. In the end I didn't necessarily need the extra weight and more powerful loader (it's always nice though). More important to me was the build quality that seems better with the Massey and the little extra umph the Massey has ~58hp vs. ~55hp with the Mahindra. Picked up a 6' BH26 Bush Hog and some pallet forks. Only been on it a couple of hours clearing some land and it's just a joy to get things done. Thanks to all those contributing to the forums here. Was a huge help to see who uses what and who has what problems with various tractors.
IMG_20170817_142844_334.jpg

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #2  
Nice tractor,i think you will like it.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #3  
Nice set up you have there!

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #5  
Nice. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
I have the 2706e as well. And have been very happy with it, as my do everything tractor.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #6  
I think the Massey Fergusons are a very good lookin tractor. I was very close to getting a 2706. Looks mean with the bolt on tooth bar!

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #7  
Took me a while obsessing over tractors but I finally made the decision and got her home. Came down to the Mahindra 5555 or the Massey 2706e. The Mahindra is a lot heavier tractor but I could not get over how comfortable the Massey is. In the end I didn't necessarily need the extra weight and more powerful loader (it's always nice though). More important to me was the build quality that seems better with the Massey and the little extra umph the Massey has ~58hp vs. ~55hp with the Mahindra. Picked up a 6' BH26 Bush Hog and some pallet forks. Only been on it a couple of hours clearing some land and it's just a joy to get things done. Thanks to all those contributing to the forums here. Was a huge help to see who uses what and who has what problems with various tractors.
/QUOTE]
Congrats, I am in the hunt as well and the 2706e and the 2555 Mahindra are on the final cut list for me as well.
I will be doing a LOT of dirt work with it (no brush mowing etc) so bucket, drag blade, PTO tiller, subsoiler etc work.

Questions to someone that has already been where you are done with (choice)

How is it so far?
Comfort?
Anything you wish was different or anything on the Mahindra that you wish you had on the MF?
Do you have the HST? How is the rocker?

Thanx!

Congrats again on the MF!

Scott

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #8  
/QUOTE]
Congrats, I am in the hunt as well and the 2706e and the 2555 Mahindra are on the final cut list for me as well.
I will be doing a LOT of dirt work with it (no brush mowing etc) so bucket, drag blade, PTO tiller, subsoiler etc work.

Questions to someone that has already been where you are done with (choice)

How is it so far?
Comfort?
Anything you wish was different or anything on the Mahindra that you wish you had on the MF?
Do you have the HST? How is the rocker?

Thanx!

Congrats again on the MF!

Scott

I just replied on your other thread as well, but didn't see those specific questions.
I think the tractor is plenty comfortable, it doesn't have an air suspension seat, but with the adjustable seat it has, and larger than most compact tractor tires, I find it comfortable. Also the operating station, is laid out well, with everything in reach for this crippled up old man.
.... I do have the HST, and it has been great, I cannot ever see myself owning a small tractor without it again. The rocker pedal has worked fine, and is comfortable for me to use, I do not keep my foot on the entire pedal, I keep my heel on the floor when going forward, then pick heel up, and use it to go in reverse. It feels like a natural motion for me.
....I've done lots of dirt work, and have been happy with the tractor for it. For the money, I don't think you can go wrong with it.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor...
I've got about 47 hours on it so far with the bulk of that being to clear land with a bush hog and the front loader. My only wish on the 2706e is that it had more lift capacity on the loader. It does fine for everything I do but having a bit more wouldn't hurt. The comfort even without the air suspension on the seat to me is still superior to the Mahindra. I've been on it for a few hours in a bumpy field and didn't feel too bad. I didn't go for the HST. My experience with tractors has been the good ole gear driven I wanted to get a much PTO power as possible for a HD bush hog so I just stayed with the gear drive. I looked hard at the HST though but with how I sit in the operator station the clutch operation wasn't or isn't a problem for repetive forward and back loader stuff. The 2706e sits higher than the Mahindra so I feel like I have much more leverage on the pedals. Honestly I'm tickled with the tractor. I love using. Love driving it. It has made work much more productive which is the real goal.

Bottom line is my Only complaint of the MF 2706 is just to have a bit more loader capacity. Comfort and usability is really great. The build quality still seems better than the Mahindra too. Oh. I did have the tires filled. I wouldn't walk out of the dealer without that. That's a must have. Adds ~900lbs and the tractor is much more stable.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #10  
Great to hear!
I looked at the Mahindra today in detail and felt the same way, and at the end of the day, it came off my short list
I知 down to the Kubota MX5200 or the Massey 2706E
Next step now is the test drive - they are both great rigs, but my list of likes etc is growing with the Massey at the moment
Thank you for the great feedback !!!

Last edited: