Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #1  

ND Ben

Tractor
MF180
I am looking at getting a MF 1758, but want a loader with self-leveling. I see alo Quicke 180c has mount for a MF 1560 and MF 1660. Does the 1758 use the same subframe as a 1660? Or is there another manufacture selling in the US that has a loader with self-leveling system for the 1758? Also, I wish Massey would add the true 3rd function valve to the joystick. Thanks

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #2  
:welcome:Maybe TSO might chime in, he got a big 1652 massey.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #3  
ND Ben, welcome to TBN. No experience with MF fel but replaced standard fel with self leveling on my JD 5525 last year and to me big recommendation on the self leveling over the standard fel.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket
I also know that Quicke 160C has mounts listed for the 1547, 1552, 1648, 1652, 1655. Maybe one of those would fit the 1758.

kthompson, yes, I can believe it is faster. There is a reason most industrial loader have it. I can’t believe it save much money and the location of the little extra weight has minimal effect on the lift capacity. At least offer it as a factory option. JD has it as an option with the H180 FEL

MF has it in their larger models, and what I have found on line there 900 series loaders are even made by alo, so there already doing business with them.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #6  
I am looking at getting a MF 1758, but want a loader with self-leveling. I see alo Quicke 180c has mount for a MF 1560 and MF 1660. Does the 1758 use the same subframe as a 1660? Or is there another manufacture selling in the US that has a loader with self-leveling system for the 1758? Also, I wish Massey would add the true 3rd function valve to the joystick. Thanks

Make sure you check out the Hydro in Mid range before you buy. The hydro's are so weak in mid range and high range, will just slip and not load engine.

Mine will not even spin tires in 2 wheel drive on wet grass in mid range hydro.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #7  
Make sure you check out the Hydro in Mid range before you buy. The hydro's are so weak in mid range and high range, will just slip and not load engine.

Mine will not even spin tires in 2 wheel drive on wet grass in mid range hydro.

My post is not meant to kick Massey, only for information purposes to a potential buyer. I have an MF1754 hydro. I've had a ton of problems with the hydro. Still some intermittent issues. I wouldn't buy another one unless a dealer let me test it on my property for a couple of days prior to purchase. Tractor is fine for the first 4 continuous hours of operation. After that, reverse will operate like parking brake is locked on. Comes and goes for the rest of that day's operation. Attempting to get this repaired has turned into a real PITA!

There must be a big difference in hydro units on a 1758 vs. 1754. I'm not disputing dallen1580's comments on hydro weakness. I absolutely believe him. Dealer was skeptical of my problems until they witnessed them in person. In 4WD, mid or low-range, I can easily break the wheels loose doing loader work or pulling stumps. Relief valve never comes into play. In fact, the other day in mid-range, I was digging holes with the tires trying to pull stumps. However, eventually I will lose reverse.

My tractor would be great if it worked right! My post is just a heads-up and for information. Hopefully, nobody else that buys this model tractor ever has my issues.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #8  
You and I discussed this already but am writing for other people.

Please see my post on hydro. There is an issue with the sol. pack. also there is an issue with the remote valve by your right arm. The couplers on the loader need to be replaced with good old fashioned ford couplers.

The hydro is controlled electrically. It is electric over hydro. Pulled my hair out and actually had MF replace the tractor.

Just letting people know that the remote valve can take the whole system and make it overheat. I was ready to give dealer the tractor back and the rep came from OKC and put 2 hours on the tractor and found out when his arm barely touched the remote and the temp jumped way up. He then told me that my tractor was built 1.5 weeks before the new valves were installed at the factory.

The loader couplers were also a vendor change right after mine was built. Put in old fashioned and one size larger couplers and problem went bye bye.

/ Looking at MF 1758, want a loader self-leveling bucket #9  
Just saw this thread.... Are you stuck on getting HST? Reason I ask, in a slightly larger package, you can step up to an LS XU-series, they come with power-shuttle and self-leveling loaders.

I'm not familiar with adding a self-leveling loader to the Massey Compact units.

If you're stuck on HST, i know Deere has a self-leveling loader in the 40xxR series.

TSO, Yes, I am stuck on the HST. In earlier research, I do know that the JD H180 loader is available with self-leveling.