Buying Advice About ready to pull the trigger - MF 2706e HST

/ About ready to pull the trigger - MF 2706e HST #1  

Sapper50

Tractor
Kubota L6060
All....
In the final stages of tractor decision...and its down to two, and it leans more to the Massey as I type.

Question for this seasoned and experienced group
??Personal/professional insight as to why I should (no buyers remorse from your chair) or why I should look elsewhere (tasks, etc)??

Location - on 10 acres in western Washington
Tasks - LOTS of dirt work = Virgin dirt (yes virgin, was old growth forest, harvested, replanted harvested again and sold off) - good amount of rocks, mostly helmet size or smaller and good loam soil in between that.
Turning 3-5 acres into horse pasture so a LOT of dirt work, leveling, drainage, rock removal, etc. I rented a dozer for a week to do initial clearing, grubbing etc, now its time to get things final. Additionally I have built (with the dozer) and will maintain and expand a MX track on the property as well taking up about 2 acres - this will require constant work (labor of love and you have to have fun !!!! :D).
Tools - sub soiler to get initial break up. 7' PTO tiller, box blade, HD Landscape rake, bucket (tooth bar for a lot of loader dirt work)
Tractor additions plan right off the bat - 3 Hyd lines to the rear, R4s filled (no low spots/mud etc lot drains well and has a good slope).

From my PTO readings, box blade and bucket work, the 2706e with hydro appears to do what I will want + a good buffer (do NOT want too small of a tractor or 'just enough'. It has the PTO output for the size of tiller, soil and what I am dealing with here. I have given it and the others on my list a LONG and detailed look over and a bunch of questions to the dealer/shop. Massey build quality and components put it up high on my list as well as the dealer.

So......
Given your knowledge on MF, capabilities, maintenance requirements (im a mechanic and equipment operator will do my own base maintenance) and your ownership or dealings with the MF line...do you think given the limited information I am on the right track?

As we all know its a good amount of money and am totally open minded (no brand loyalty) to which rig etc ends up at the fort and gets worked.
The other is the Kubota MX5200 HST, but the DPF, driver compartment (im tall) and a few other things puts it (for ME) a few ticks lower than the 2706e but I havent pulled out the checkbook yet.

Thanx all - awesome site and its a pleasure to read everyone's posts and professional insight and experience - priceless.

Scott

/ About ready to pull the trigger - MF 2706e HST #2  
Not a lot of people seem to have the 2706e on here.
...I have it, and I'm almost positive it will be a fine tractor for what you are looking for.
....I was considering the same tractors several months ago, and would still buy the 2706e again.
.... I've been using mine pretty hard for a few months now and it has been flawless. (I'll try to take a couple of pics of what I cleared out, and turned into foodplots/field/pasture type area)
...I have Ag tires not the R4s, as I feel they provide much better traction in the dirt, but your situation may be different. Also I only run a 6' tiller, but that was due to the cost difference, it has plenty of power to run a 7' one.
..I highly recommend the tractor, and am pretty sure you will be happy with it.

/ About ready to pull the trigger - MF 2706e HST #3  
I have heard very good things about the model you are considering. I have a MF GC1710 for a small property and a MF 1758 cab model for a large property. Both excellent workhorses and a pleasure to operate.