MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #1  

Yeti1971

Tractor
MF 1734E
Hi all. I am considering upgrading my 2015 MF GC1705. I use my tractor for mowing and snow removal on 8 acres in Wyoming. Love my GC1705 but it is a little on the small side for me. Wish I would of bought a tractor I fit on better. I am 6? tall and weigh 300 lbs so you can imagine why I am looking to upgrade. Does anyone on here own either the 1734 or 1726? Looking for opinions on which way to go and why? Thanks in advance.

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #2  
Hi all. I am considering upgrading my 2015 MF GC1705. I use my tractor for mowing and snow removal on 8 acres in Wyoming. Love my GC1705 but it is a little on the small side for me. Wish I would of bought a tractor I fit on better. I am 6? tall and weigh 300 lbs so you can imagine why I am looking to upgrade. Does anyone on here own either the 1734 or 1726? Looking for opinions on which way to go and why? Thanks in advance.

I just purchased a MF 1734 E Series.. I have not had a chance to test it out yet , but it fit my needs well. I can't comment on my experience with it yet, but if you go to Buying/Pricing Comparison posting , I asked a question about HST vs Gears on the 1734 E series before I bought it .. You can get some feedback on it on this post. It was dated 2/12/18 and should be on the first page of posts in that section.
I drove it before I bought it and like the way it handled, but haven't used it yet with attachments.

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #3  
I've been looking at these 17**e tractors as well. Nice machines. I drove a 1739e and it was comfortable I'm 6' but only 210 lbs. I think you'd like these much better than the GC much more capable machine. I like the idea of the simpler emissions on the 1726 but it won't have a great deal more power than your GC1705. The turbo on the bigger ones could be nice at our higher altitudes out west. These are an economy model so they don't have all the bells and whistles but i like basic machines. The 1526 that they just reintroduced looks interesting as well. I still want to drive a 1726 they are priced really nice compared to the kubota L2501. I can get a 1734e cheaper than my local kubota dealer is willing to sell me a L2501 so it's a tough call which way to go. The Kioti CK2610 is worth a look for sure. Might be my favorite.

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I drove them both yesterday. I agree they handled very nicely. Wasn’t sure how I would like the PTO engagement though as it was inbetween my legs, but that wouldn’t deter me from purchasing. Will probably purchase in the next month or two. I’ll definitely check out the other thread. Enjoy your new ride Buckchaser:)

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #5  
I like my 1734e, I use it for mowing, tilling, road maintenance and loader work. It does all of these tasks to my satisfaction. Both tiller and rotary cutter are 5', plenty of power for both. Mine is hydrostatic, enough power to spin the tires in mid range with R4 tires. Tires are not loaded, would be a bit better if they were. PTO lever placement has not been an issue, clutch does the actual engagement. Would like it if the diff lock lever was a bit longer, small quibble.

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #6  
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I drove them both yesterday. I agree they handled very nicely. Wasn稚 sure how I would like the PTO engagement though as it was inbetween my legs, but that wouldn稚 deter me from purchasing. Will probably purchase in the next month or two. I値l definitely check out the other thread. Enjoy your new ride Buckchaser:)

Thanks and good luck with your choice.. I love the way the MF 1734 E feels when I drive it..If it performs as well with attachments , which I'm guessing it will, then I made the right decision.. I've read several posts that state you should always buy a tractor with enough HP to handle your needs. Do not to skimp on the HP as you will never be happy with an underpowered tractor that won't do quite what you want.. Let us know .. It's always great to hear from satisfied users..

After a lot of research and the help of this community, I’ve taken the plunge and am purchasing the 1734e with the Hydrostatic and Loader. Gets delivered tomorrow :cool2: I’ll let you all know what I think of it after a few usages. Thanks all for your feedback!

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #8  
Yeti1971,

2 questions:

1. You mentioned seating comfort on your gc1705. Several times in the past couple of years I've mentioned about how I found a way to add up to about 4 more inches of seat adjustment room to some of the GC units without any drilling or cutting or anything but just reversing some seat stop brackets and I've got a couple big guys as friends that tested out the change and liked it much better. Have you tried it on your gc1705 ?

2. Did you test and tryout the next size up from the gc1700s, the Massey 1526 ? A lot to like on that unit?

No I did not test out the 1526. I’ve heard good things though on that unit. Prime reason to jump up was not seating comfort on the GC1705, it was merely the size of the unit did not fit me as I sat above the ROPS. Plus I wanted more HP as some of the brush I cut can get rather thick and bogged down the tractor. I also would bog down in heavy snow drifts. I shouldn’t have any of those issues with the 1734EHL. I am amazed how quite the 1734EHL is. Much quieter than the GC1705.

/ MF 1734 EHL vs 1726 EHL #10  
After a lot of research and the help of this community, I’ve taken the plunge and am purchasing the 1734e with the Hydrostatic and Loader. Gets delivered tomorrow :cool2: I’ll let you all know what I think of it after a few usages. Thanks all for your feedback!

Congratulations on your new tractor!