Equine Equipment Savings

/ Equine Equipment Savings #1  

V53

Tractor
None
I just found out today that I qualified for it. How much should I expect to save on my up coming purchase?

/ Equine Equipment Savings #2  
How much you will save depends on how good your dealer's regular prices are and what incentives are currently available for regular purchases. It is my understanding that the equine program has fixed prices (may vary by region) that are not set by the dealer (they get a fixed amount per sale) and don't go up and down throughout the year. Normal pricing depends on what current incentives MF is running, dealer volume related discounts and dealer markup. When I shopped for my GC1710 I found the equine discount to be quite substantial compared to the list price. I did not qualify but my dealer came within $200 of the price thanks to some dealer incentives that were available at the time and that he passed along. A month earlier or later the difference would have been larger due to lower manufacturer-to-dealer incentives.
I don't recall exact numbers but I think list was somewhere around 18.5k and the equine price was a little over 14k. This was in 2016 so not sure if things have changed.

/ Equine Equipment Savings #3  
At two different dealers, I was quoted $350 savings off purchase of a tractor.

The people who run this program are extremely friendly and professional. Their program is wider than just Massey tractors-- also Exmark mowers, etc. Whatever discounts they had on other equipment didn't work for me as I didn't need the particular items they had "deals" on.

/ Equine Equipment Savings #4  
I wouldn't get overly excited. When I purchased my small Deere 6 or 7 years ago the deal was something like 18% off sticker for members of a Christmas tree group, same as the thoroughbred discount, same as the Farm Bureau discount. The salesman said he could beat those deals if I went the clean deal route. He did.
The only affinity deals I see that look worthwhile are the ones that say to negotiate your best deal and then take an additional $500 (or $300 depending on make and model), or a mail in rebate for x amount.

/ Equine Equipment Savings #5  
In 2015 the horse discount for me would have been $350 discount - but I didn't quite qualify because I didn't have the horse or horses on my land.

/ Equine Equipment Savings #6  
I didn't either. But I had a barn and *intended* to get horses. :laughing: