Price Check 1720

/ Price Check 1720 #1  

Mustang1996

Tractor
John Deere 655
I went and looked at these for the first time.

New 2018 with bucket and backhoe. No other attachments was $16,618 plus Finance Fees $299 and 4.99% for up to 84 months. Total out the door $16,917.

Wood tiller would be $1845 with the tractor.

Woods 54" back blade $378.

/ Price Check 1720 #2  
I was just quote $15,100. for 1710 & $16,100. 1720. That was a dealer in Lancaster,Pa.

/ Price Check 1720 #3  
I would love to see this turn into an ongoing "latest and ongoing price" thread. Item, location, and price.

I'll add that a friend just advised me he was quoted for a GC1720 (no extras) in SE Wisconsin ... $16,995.

/ Price Check 1720 #4  
User name,

Pricing of product is far too variable to be ongoing meaningful. Here are just a few of the many variables:

1. Size of dealership and quantity they sell will alter their cost basis.
2. Every single month the manufacturers alter their incentives, rebates, and financing costs.
3. Regional locations make a difference in equipment pricing. Just the shipping costs of product varies greatly based on distance from Georgia assembly plants.
4. Dealer one-time pricing alters pricing appearances too much. As an example - a particular unit is sitting on the lot for a year and a half and is a little weathered looking or effected by winter salt spray or it's a change in seats/steering wheels etc..
5. Liar's poker. You're best friends with the dealer, or this is your 5th tractor you bought from the dealer - think you're going to get a cheaper price?
6. Is that dealer going to be in business next year etc. etc.

I could keep going and going. My point is, as a customer - when you buy, what you buy, and how you buy it makes big differences that are very different to quantify by something as simple as just the price. It also cheapens the negotiations and customer benefit if price is always the focus of "was it a good deal".

My point is, good dealers and good deals are measured in many things and price is just 1 of those many things. To emphasize one thing over all the rest is a decision flaw in my opinion. I bought from a dealer 125 miles away from me for many good reasons and price was only one little part. I could have bought from a dealer 5 or 20 miles away, but I had a great deal more confidence and future support in the distant dealer than I did from the close dealers.

We all have different priorities. Jmho