MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I saw some MF subcompact prices and financing options which looked more attractive than Kubota BX's.

What are the major differences between the 2 mfrs? Is the BX worth paying more for?

I am shopping for 24 to 25 hp, quick attach loader & bucket, snow plow, and 54" to 60" mmm.

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #2  
The driveline is essentially the same. Kubota makes their own motor, MF uses Iseki. Go look at the 2 of them, operate and compare. Decide which one you prefer. Buy it.
IMHO, I didn't like Kub's pedal setup. I thought their loader frame was too light duty, thin steel, you can't open the hood with the brush guard in place, and it was over a grand more money.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #3  
I saw some MF subcompact prices and financing options which looked more attractive than Kubota BX's.

What are the major differences between the 2 mfrs? Is the BX worth paying more for?

I am shopping for 24 to 25 hp, quick attach loader & bucket, snow plow, and 54" to 60" mmm.

TIA

Yooper Dave

The whole GC line is actually an Iseki built Tractor from Japan, powertrain and frame. The best sourced “MF” in their line-up in my opinion. The loader and hoe are US built in Tennessee, the company name is eluding me this moment, but a top quality mfr’r. You should be able to get the GC for thousands less. 5 year powertrain warranty.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #4  
check out the kioti's. lots cheaper than kubota, more features standard, options are half the price or less. 6 year warranty.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #5  

I did the same shopping a few years ago. It seem a bit of an oddity that the bucket for the BX is operated by just a single hydraulic cylinder in the center. The Massey uses a hydraulic ram on each side of the bucket, which is a more traditional approach that you see very commonly applied to tractors.

Good luck with your choice. My little GC1710 is a workhorse that has performed very well.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #6  
I did the same shopping a few years ago. It seem a bit of an oddity that the bucket for the BX is operated by just a single hydraulic cylinder in the center. The Massey uses a hydraulic ram on each side of the bucket, which is a more traditional approach that you see very commonly applied to tractors.

Good luck with your choice. My little GC1710 is a workhorse that has performed very well.

I had the previous model GC2310 at one time. Excellent scut for power of FEL and BH along with design. 3pt could stay on tractor with BH attached. Outriggers straight up in vertical position with excellent "feet" design.

I don't know if it has changed with newer models, but damage to the dreaded scut hydro cooling fan was a twenty minute job on the Massey and an engine move on the Kubota. Some members at the time came up with some modified fixes...or under body armor.

As pointed out, check both out and decide what's best for you.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #7  
I have a GC1720 and so far it's been a good machine. The price difference is what made the decision between Kubota and MF. I also looked at Kioti and they also are good machines but I did not like the local dealer.

Kioti and Kubota have the advantage of being made completely by their respective companies. The MF is sort of a kluged together collection of Japanese, US and Chinese parts. The loader bucket and subframe and backhoe subframe all have Made in PRC labels on them. The hydraulic cylinders also have no mfr info at all and I suspect they are also Chinese origin.

Had I known about all the Chinese parts on my MF it probably would have swung me to Kioti regardless of whether I liked the dealer or not. The Chinese parts appear to be good quality and the tractor has done everything I have e asked of it. I just have an issue with sending so much of my money to a country that is not our friend and uses ridiculous labor practices - do not want this to turn into a political discussion.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #8  
I have a GC1720 and so far it's been a good machine. The price difference is what made the decision between Kubota and MF. I also looked at Kioti and they also are good machines but I did not like the local dealer.

Kioti and Kubota have the advantage of being made completely by their respective companies. The MF is sort of a kluged together collection of Japanese, US and Chinese parts. The loader bucket and subframe and backhoe subframe all have Made in PRC labels on them. The hydraulic cylinders also have no mfr info at all and I suspect they are also Chinese origin.

Had I known about all the Chinese parts on my MF it probably would have swung me to Kioti regardless of whether I liked the dealer or not. The Chinese parts appear to be good quality and the tractor has done everything I have e asked of it. I just have an issue with sending so much of my money to a country that is not our friend and uses ridiculous labor practices - do not want this to turn into a political discussion.

At the time, my 2310 was of complete Japanese manufacture. I did read a post on this site that John Deere was even using China as supplier for an FEL on one, if not more, of their small tractors. So that is a concern, which you addressed well on the new machines but not surprising.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #9  

TIA

Yooper Dave

The only sound advice anyone can give you on your purchase is to test drive each one. I tested out the JD, MF, Kubota, Simplicity, Bobcat, Kioti, LS, Cub Cadet, Mahindrah. Compared features and reliability, warranty financing and dealership. Chose the GC2410 and never regretted it. There are so many pros and cons to each but...in the end the test drive sold me.

/ MF vs Kubota Sub Compacts #10  

Bobcat has used single cylinder rams for years on the dump!!! MF still has grease fittings on the top ends of the lower pivot which went out about twenty years ago from the high maintenance of having to replace them when broken instead of on the end of the cylinder pin like most all name brands do today!