Price Check Price check on a 1533 w/FEL

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #1  

BobCurry

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro
I recieved a quote for a 1533 w/FEL for approx 18K out the door. Is this a bit high? I live in the Florida panhandle. I like the 1533 and am wondering why it is about 2K more expensive than the Branson 3510 and Kubota L3400DT. I really like the dealership (20 minutes away from the ranch) however the price is keeping me away. Any thoughts? Is this a common trend??

Thanks in advance,

Bob /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #2  
Bob, That kinda sounds like a list price quote.

Have you asked the dealer " Is that the best you can do on this tractor" I'm sure he has a little room for negotiating.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #3  
What options did it have? Aux. hydraulics, power shuttle etc.

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL
Thanks for the replies. Quote was for the tractor, 8x8 tranny, and front loader. No options. I think it is out of line also.

My friend (Steve) who is looking for a large ag tractor stopped into the dealership last Sat and talked with the owner about pricing. He was also quoted high for what he is looking at. The dealers son is the one doing the pricing and is a former CPA. After a brief conversation on pricing, the owner asked Steve to bring him his best quote and he would match it. I think I'll ride with Steve and do the same thing!

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #5  
I got the same high prices for the 1533 in my neck of the woods. I ended up with the Kubota L3400 gears for less $$ and a tighter machine I feel. Also, far better resale in my area. BTW, I am absolutely loving my L3400! Never driven such a nice unit in this small tractor range. shawn

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #6  
There is a quite a bit of difference between a 1533 and L3400. First the 1533 has the 8x8 shuttle, L3400 has 8x4 constant mesh, 1533 has independent PTO versus live, and the platform is finished out, plus larger on the 1533. Hydraulic flow on the 1533 is 9.1 gpm to 6.3 gpm and the 1525 loader used on the 1533 lifts quite a bit more than the one Kubota mounts to the L3400. Front axles on both tractors will tell you where the difference is. I have used Kubota, Deere, New Holland and the 1533. My money is on the 1533. Before you buy you should try!

I have driven both and like both! But for a $2000 dif (MF1533 higher), I'd like to know what that 2K is really buying for me! For someone with more loader needs, it's still too much to pay. I will be shopping a few other MF dealers in Alabama, get my lowest price, and see if the Crestview dealer will sell to me! If he doesn't move that much, I hate to say it's off to some other dealership. Money talks with fuel costs, implements, etc!! Thanks for all the inputs; y'all are a valuable source.

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #8  
That is why there's different models. No one model fits everyone.

The Alabama prices (mid 16s with tax) are coming in way under the Crestview dealer. A few more quotes and I'll have all the bullets loaded in the "gun"! Pricing the unit with 8x8 tranny, R4s, 60" pin-style bucket, 1525 FEL w/std loader stick.

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #10  
Now your talking /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif That sounds better /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif