Big Dean - MF 1130 ?

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ? #1  

zjohnson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1920/MF 1130/ Ford 8N/New MF 491!
I have a 1130 with a tired AT354. What would be a reasonable price for a rebuild including turbo? Multi-power ,Hyd's, body, etc. are great. I'm trying to decide to sell as is or rebuild. Thanks!

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ? #2  
A complete rebuild kit for the engine is $1050 you could wind up with as much as $600 worth of machine shop work on the head and crankshaft. It takes about 35 hours labor to completely rebuild the engine most shops rates in this area are from $50 to $65 so that would be $1750 to $2200. I don't have any idea what the charge to rebuild a turbo in this day a time. It could cost as much as $4000 to rebuild the engine & turbo

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ?
Thanks for the reply! My $$ Advisor wants me to sell (since she let me buy a new cab 4wd 492 to "replace" it) but I like this heavy ole workhorse and really "need" a dedicated bushhoging tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ? #4  
Big Dean & ZJohnson... would you two consider reading THIS post, also here in MF.

I found an 1135 for sale but the headline was for a different tractor.

I'd be interested to know if you have any thoughts on the value after seeing the pics.

Hours on it are about 3,940, cab (a/c not working if it's in there but the fan blows), started right up.

Thanks for any thoughts

Richard

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ? #5  
Hey,

Have you got some pics of the 492 for us too see ? Inside cab shots too please?

Thanks,

Will

/ Big Dean - MF 1130 ?
Give me a couple of days- maybe this weekend - and I will do my best to get the pics. If you are interested in a 491/492, I will happy to give you my impressions.