Price Check 461 or 471 pricing

/ 461 or 471 pricing #1  

threeman

Silver Member
What have you guys seen price wise from these tractors? MFWD w/FEL. I didnt know I was going to start a war on my other 461 471 post. Thanks for the info.

/ 461 or 471 pricing #2  
Sir;

I found the prices to vary widely not only between brands, but between dealers. Just to give you an idea, I priced several different makes; my criteria was:
at least 60 pto hp, fel, 4wd, shuttle shift, and an engine I knew something about (like the Perkins).

I checked the comparable JD's and NH's (I forget which JD, the 5420 or something like that) and they were almost 30 WITHOUT the fel. I priced the new Farmtrac 675 DTC, and it was only $1,200 less than the MF (a brand I know and grew up with). and I priced the McCormick C70 and C80, which were comparable in price, but didn't have the flat operator's platform.
Anyway, back to MF - I checked with two dealers in my area, and got prices from dealers outside my area. I had a min. price of 24k, and a max of 28k.

needless to say i went with the 24k price - then added the fel with a bucket, pallet forks, combining valve, and bushhog 287
total: 31k

/ 461 or 471 pricing #3  
threeman,
I priced the MF461 at a dealer in central IN and they told me 28K with FEL. I also priced at a dealer in KY, they told me 25K for the same unit. I did drive a MF461 and found the throttle pedal to be in an awkward location. The MF471 has a better operator area, but I like the size of the MF461....BER