GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help.

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help.
Thank you both for your reply.

I will have to check on a 66" box blade, I didn't see one there and I wasn't told about that size from my dealer. It looked to me all he had was by the "FOOT" when it came to sizes.

About getting better, all what I have talked about here is a "Package Deal" and if I start adding more cost the wife will flip out on me. It is one of those things, lol get what she will let you then when it doesn't do the job, then I will say "I told you so HONEY".

I guess I am being a kid in a candy store about this tractor... LOL isn't that something to be 40 years old and feel like I am getting the best present in the world for Christmas /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif .

What you both have told me it looks like I will NOT need low range for cutting the grass I have around here. What I was hoping for is maybe someone could give me a MPH range for the gears. I know with my baby Sears tractor I was cutting the grass around 4MPH, so if I can stay around that speed thats fine with me, after I have been doing it for 3 years. LOL and going from a 4ft deck to a 6ft deck /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif is going to make a world of difference no matter how fast I am going.

I have saved some grass here (about a 1/2ac) that is longer and thicker then it will ever be to test the tractor out. Man oh Man I can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #22  
Hey Syncro,
Thanks for jumping in there, I dont feel like I can really give advice on a new machine, in relating to my 19 year old CUT. The good news, is that it only has 1420 hrs on it, so it should out last me!

scotty

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #23  
Steve, As stated previously your ground type and grass(weed) thickness will kinda dictate gear & range selection ..... As for me in general grass mowing in wide open spaces I use high-range first gear ,and when it tighter more confined areas I use low-range 4th gear... All my bushogging is done in low-range what ever gear I can get away with /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #24  
<font color="blue"> Thanks for jumping in there, I dont feel like I can really give advice on a new machine, in relating to my 19 year old CUT. The good news, is that it only has 1420 hrs on it, so it should out last me! </font>

Roger that Scotty! The MF 1040 is a pretty stout machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again Nasty for your input, sorry I didn't post the thanks earlier then this.

Well the time is here, man I hope so. The tractor should be coming sometime after 3PM. If I don't see it by then, for sure sometime tomorrow.

The camera is charged and ready to go, I hope you all like pictures because I like taking them. I will host them on my site and link them to here so I can give you good sizes to see it well. I think I will start a new thread "MF-1533 is here, pics.", so look for it.

Just a update... On what is coming. MF-1533, MF-1525 60" FEL, Kodiak 5200 72" brush mower, Kodiak 60" box blade (they didn't have ANY 66" type boxes in stock)

I have been told by the "Dealer" I might have to cut back to 60" on HEAVY grass with the 72" mower. I guess that is fine because I don't have heavy grass. Again no finish mower, I am not sure if I said it in this thread, but the wife is putting me to work brush cutting for $... We will see what happens with that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #26  
Mr Steve, You most certainly welcome for my small contribution...

Now you seem to be as excited as young ladd about to kiss his first girl...(hehe!!)

I hope it comes today because if it doesn't , I'm taking wagers you not gonna be sleeping tonight /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well it is here… YESSSS, I will be sleeping tonight and getting up before the birds in the AM to have some fun. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry I didn’t take more pics, BUT I just had to get on it and play /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif . I will take some more pictures and post in this thread if anyone would like me to.

MF-1533
mf-1533.jpg

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #28  
Congratulations Mr. Steve! That's a great lookin' setup. I'll be eagerly awaiting your satisfaction reports!

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #29  
Hey Mr. Steve,
Looks real good!!! Just out of curiousity, how much more did they want for the 1540, 40 hp model?
Anyway, good luck with your new machine and we will be looking for your evaluation!

scotty

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I will take some more pictures and post in this thread if anyone would like me to.

<font color="red"> </font> Yes, we would always like more pictures!!