GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help.

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help.
Scott... $2500 extra for the 1540. LOL I wish, but the wife wouldn't go for it. Look at the title of this thread, I was SO lucky to get what I did.

BUT she did come home today with her truck packed with so fun stuff, 8' chain harrow, some bar looking thing to move the harrow to the work place (looks like a "7" mounts to the 3PT, anyone give me info on how to use this thing?) and a 3pt post hole digger with 9" drill (um it's about time, I didn't have that when I put in 200+ fence post for the horses, I used a little 2 stoke digger)

Well let me see... I wish I could give some informative info on how the tractor is, BUT this is my 1st one. All I can tell you so far I am VERY happy with it. I have 0 problems cutting the grass I have here using a 72" brush cutter, well some slowing down here and there, but I just had to give it more RPMs and she went right on going and this grass I am talking about hasn't been cut in 2 months, um where the horses do their business, so the grass was VERY thick and almost 2' high. I cut it down to around 6" to 8". I'm even happy with the look of the cut (we will see how I feel after the blades get used more).

Best thing I can say is ask me something about the tractor and I will do my best answer.

Just one problem I had with the tractor that has me wondering what it was. For no reason at all it just turned off. (No I didn't get out of the seat, PTO was off, has fuel, wasn't over heating, NOTHING). When it turned off it wasn't like the key was turned, it slowly shut down. I went to start it again and it wouldn't start. So I dove into the engine compartment just to see if something came lose, leaks and so on, all looked fine, so closed everything up and tried to start it, it started... It has been fine after that (I put 6hrs on it after that happen) Anyone have a clue? I assume this thing has a ECU, maybe it just got dumb for a minute or 2 (the ECU is learning).

Best thing I can say is ask me something about the tractor and I will do my best answer.

I will get some more pics and post them soon.

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #32  
Hi Steve,
Im envious looking at your new machine, it is a beauty! What really catches my eye is how easy it must be to get on and off your machine! Just a hop, skip and a jump! My MF 1040, has the tranny sitting between my legs, along with the shifter and the PTO engagement lever. Now Im not a big guy, at 5' 10" 180 lbs, but it can be a pain at times.
Anyways, your wife is defintely on the same wave length, if she is bringing home implements for you to play, uups, work with!! Glad your enjoying your new tractor! Ill bet the wife even lets you keep it in the horse barn! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

scotty

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #33  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Well it is here… YESSSS, I will be sleeping tonight and getting up before the birds in the AM to have some fun. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry I didn’t take more pics, BUT I just had to get on it and play /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif . I will take some more pictures and post in this thread if anyone would like me to.

Hey,

Yes please take lots more!! the view from the seat, the platform layout, under the hood!! Lots please!!

Thanks, and take care,

Will

MF-1533
mf-1533.jpg

)</font>

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help.
Scott yes easy to get off and on, well kind of... I am a big guy, 240 and 6'2", the only problem I have if I DON'T put up the tilt wheel my leg will hit the gear shift on the left fender, but again that is the only problem. Someone your size wouldn't have to do anything to get off, it would be like getting off your easy chair /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif . Um about the barn, remember that post hole digger above? Did you really think she just got that for me? I will be starting a 10 stall barn soon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Our poor horses have been staying under shelters, but this is Florida.

William... OK you want pics, I'll give you pics... I will start a new thread here in Massy like I said a few post before this one. I just took off the cutter so I can get some good ones of the back.

/ GC2300 / 1428v for 12ac of land, help. #35  
Thats one of the things I really liked about the 1500 series is the rounded fenders ( instead of the angled fenders on the 1400 series which protrude more into the platform)...making it a little easier to get your foot past the fender when assuming the position... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The other thing I think I like /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif is the way the loader attaches with-out having the heavy lower support that goes to the front of the tractor adding extra weight ... That in turn will make it a little harder to manually move it around for any fine tuning in the final line-up to connect so with-out the weight the new style might be easier to connect /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif this is could be a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif