Price Check New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model

/ New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model #1  

highwideheavy1

Tractor
1949 Ferguson, L3130
Hello all, new member here love the site, learned more in a
night than a year hanging out at the diner. Have decided gear drive is fine for my needs. Stopped at a Massey dealer to look at the 1528 with 1520 loader, loaded tires, $15,000 cash, delivered. He also has a new 1429, Synch Shuttle that he would put a 1525 loader on, loaded tires for $16,800 cash, delivered (has had since February 05)(said it should have near double the lift capacity). Lets assume I am only looking at the Masseys let me know what you think is the better value. I won't do much bulk fel work, limited brush hogging, mostly driveway maint and skidding logs up to the barn, might add a logsplitter later. I want this to be my last tractor and plan on living another 30 years. As things are now I only put about 30 hours a year on my old Ferguson.

Here are my questions:

1) I can't find any info on the postings about the 1429 any thing specific good or bad about this model? Is the 28 hp power plant enough? .........

2) I noticed only the bigger 1500 series models have the Power Shuttle option now, is the Synch Shuttle discontinued and how do owners that have them like them, is it proven?

3) Most of my work in the woods will be rolling topography which of the two tractors do think is more stable?

Thanks in advance, feel free to point out any dumb questions, but go ahead and answer them please.

/ New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model #2  
HWH1, Hello and welcome to TBN /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It sounds like you looked at both in person? If you did you saw the 1429 was a larger tractor than the 1528 ,both using the same engine I believe...

First bit of info or advice I would give is: Doing loader work can be a very repetative operation thats where the sychro-shuttle earns its keep... Very quick to change directions.

For log skidding a tractor with more weight might find it an easier task.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can't find any info on the postings about the 1429 any thing specific good or bad about this model? Is the 28 hp power plant enough? .........
)</font> <font color="blue"> </font> Well the 1429 may be a bit of a stepchild in that the 1433 is a more popular tractor (my opinion)with more power same size, But if I was getting a good deal it wouldn't keep me from buying...

Not sure on your second question about power shuttle..

On the 3rd question you may need a test drive on your property or some property similar to yours to answer this question. I will say that the higher(taller)tractor lends it self to a slight pucker on slopes because of its height (again my opinion)

A couple more questions : The 1429 shuttle trans, is it 8x8 or the optional 16x16( I think) Reason I ask, is the price you were quoted seems a little hi for my area.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He also has a new 1429, Synch Shuttle that he would put a 1525 loader on )</font> <font color="blue"> </font> maybe he is using the new system on the 1429 tractor because the 1500 series loaders are different from the 1400 series loaders at least from what I have seen...

I was assuming a 1466 loader and 60" bucket...
I haven't priced a 1500 series tractor yet so I can't offer any pricing info on them..

Have fun... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model #3  
I dug out my old sales catalog on the 1400 series here are some of the specs. 28.4 h.p.@2500 rpm 23 hp pto@2500 rpm 89.3 cu.in 1.45 L. fuel cap.7.9 gal. std trans 8x8 syncroshuttle optional 8x8 powershuttle lift cap@at link ends 2756 lbs. hyd. total system flow 11.7 gpm wheel base 68.5" overall length 121.5" weight 2734#. I looked long and hard at massey very nice but bought Kioti CK 30 just as nice closer dealer.

/ New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model #4  
Yes I know what you mean... It is REAL hard to find prices on the net for ANY new MFs.

About cost, all I can tell you the deal I got, see below…

MF-1533 with optional Joystick
SynchroShuttle 8x8 trans.
MF-1525 FEL with 60” bucket
Kodiak 5200 Series “Standard Duty” 72” rotary cutter
Kodiak ““Standard Duty” 60” box blade
Loaded tires (we just use water here)
Delivered to my door with all the time I need to get shown the ropes from the person that delivers it.

Total before taxes… $18,750.00

Should see it here this week sometime.

I am new to tracker work. BUT I can tell you I have 12ac of pasture and the above setup will be going to work here and going out for side jobs as well.

/ New 1429 thoughts on pricing and model
Thank you all for the information. I have gleaned from several of the forums that faith in the dealer is an important part of the decision. I just don't have confidence in the one that has the 1429 and have decided to pass. Am planning on still looking at the Masseys in the future. Thanks again.