1500 Series Cab Models... transmission options?

/ 1500 Series Cab Models... transmission options? #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
I believe that everything my dealer has had on the lot with a cab (CUT) had the Dyna QPS™ powershift transmission.
I believe I've seen something somewhere indicating that Hydro was an option on the smaller cab models.
I'm not familiar with the Dyna QPS™ powershift and don't think I need it. I'm thinking more along the lines of 12x12 powershuttle.
Looking over the MF website I did notice some things that came along with with cab, such as dual rear remotes, but no mention of the drive train. I may have just overlooked it.
Anybody here know if you can order a cab model 1552 with the 12x12 powershuttle? Any idea what the price difference is between that and the Dyna QPS™ powershift? I also had the impression that the Dyna QPS™ powershift and the Hydro were about the same cost.
I could go and talk with James at the dealership about this, but he would get his panties in a wad and think I was ready to buy. I hate to bother him with it if anybody here can help.

/ 1500 Series Cab Models... transmission options? #2  
Glenn,
The MF page that shows which tranny goes into which model is here. It looks like the large frame can have any one of the four transmissions. I love my powershuttle, but if the powershift was available when I bought I would have gotten it. I would bet that the hydro and the powershift are in the same price range but I haven't priced them both.

/ 1500 Series Cab Models... transmission options? #3  
The 1533 Cab is available in 12x12 PowerShuttle and comes standard with the factory joystick w/mid couplers. The 1547 Cab is available in either a HST or DynaQPS (12x12 PS w/4 speed clutchless shift). They are priced similar to eachother. The 1552 Cab is available only in the DynaQPS. Both the 1547 and 1552 cab models are equipped with 2 remotes out the rear and joystick w/ mid couplers as standard. Hope that helps.

/ 1500 Series Cab Models... transmission options?
Thanks. You've answered my question. I was looking over the website and didn't indicate any restrictions on transmission choice with the cab models that I could find.
I was hoping to be able to get the powershuttle with a cab, but it looks like I'll have to either go with the powershift or another color.
I'm not familiar with the advantages of the powershift, so after I try it I might not be able to live without it!