Finally decided on MF 1523

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #1  

73jeep

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1523
After a year or so comparing every tiny detail of every spec and dimension of different manufacturers, I've decided to go with the MF 1523. I'm going with a hydro instead of a gear mainly because on the 1523, the gear doesn't have an "independant PTO" option for the rear PTO. It's my understanding that an "Ind. PTO" is an option on the mid-PTO for a gear 1523, not an option for the rear-PTO. Two main uses are mowing(RFM) and tilling, which I think the Ind. PTO will work better. Same dealer sells Woods RFM(I had already planned on buying Woods mower anyway), and he had "MF red" Woods RD60 mowers. He said they had just started doing that paint thing recently. The red model is $30 more than the regular model, but will look better behind my red tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #2  
I am sure you will be happy with it... Make sure you take some picture and show it off to us.

/ Finally decided on MF 1523
This dealer which has given me the best price, doesn't have a 1523 hydro on his lot (I test drove one @ another dealer). So he's going to order me one from the factory and not from another dealer's lot.
UP side: will not have set out in rain/elements...
.............be 100% new
DOWN side: will be between 30 and 120 days before I get it.

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #4  
If it had a round yellow knob on the dash to the right of the steering wheel, it has an Independent PTO.

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #5  
Congrats on your new purchase /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That 30 to 120 days will be the longest wait of your life /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

scotty

Just to update: I changed my mind the following day and decided to get the gear tranny instead of the hydro.
I feel like I got a good buy at $9,675.
That's before taxes, before front grill guard, before 60" red Woods RFM, and before 50" gear-driven CCM Tiller.
Altogether with taxes, it totals around $13,400.00
Free delivery and free fluid filled rear tires.

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #7  
You will appreciate the couple of extra HP from the gear unit. I think you made a good decision.

John

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #8  
Jeep, Does this mean you will have it sooner?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope so, I will like to see pics on the happy occassion /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice implement selection to start out with, Now just wait til you get bit with the implement bug...your going to need a barn next of course... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nasty 135,
I'm still having it ordered from the factory (same price as a new one sitting on the lot, so might as well get it brand-spankin' new). Dealer called me back today and said it'd probably be here within a couple of weeks, and maybe even next week. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I do have a question....Dealer said he'd load the rear tires with methelene-alcohol/something and water. This may be badly mispelled or pronounced cause I don't remember exactly what he said. He said this isn't bad for wheels like some other things. Does anybody have any opinions or knowledge on this? Said it'd add 200 lbs. per rear tire. I've heard of using calcium chloride or antifreeze, but am unfamiliar with metha-whatever. Just wanna know if you guys have pros and cons on it?

/ Finally decided on MF 1523 #10  
Jeep , Mine are loaded with windsheild washer fluid (methanol), the other popular choice is beet juice, It sounds like yours will be the same as mine ,I'm sure which ever one you are getting is better than calcium ... the only con to my knowledge would be if you ingest it... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Blehkk!