What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #1  

EMS503

Silver Member
Tractor
1960 or 61 MF35 Deluxe, 2008 Kubota L3940 GST
I just purchased a poultry farm in NC and it came with a MF Deluxe 35.
I spoke with a MF dealer and gave them the serial # and it came back to a 1961 Model 35 Deluxe, what is the difference between the deluxe and regular MF35?
We were able to start it with a jump start and it ran great no smoke engine ,Trans,PTO & the works ran quite and smooth. No attachments just a 3PH. I Can't get it to start know I think the Battery and maybe the Alt. crapped out I will be back down on the farm end of Feb. and put a new battery in it. Should I go to tractor supply or Wally world for a new battery?
It wont be used much until I retire in 2009 and stop the commute from NJ.
I picked up a MF GC2300 with a 60mmm and a fel with 180 hrs. on it to mow the 4 acres and work around the chicken houses this is one sweet tractor.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #2  
Around here my New Holland dealers battery price was as good or better then the box stores. You might want to call around and get some prices as there can be a lot of price difference from store to store on same size batteries.

I do not remember all of the options but the Deluxe version of the 135 had all the options on it. The standard 135 was a bare bones tractor. I am sure FWJ will jump in and tell you what options were on the Deluxe version.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #3  
The deluxe came with a two stage clutch for the pto and power steering!

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #4  
EMS503 said:
I just purchased a poultry farm in NC and it came with a MF Deluxe 35.
I spoke with a MF dealer and gave them the serial # and it came back to a 1961 Model 35 Deluxe, what is the difference between the deluxe and regular MF35?
We were able to start it with a jump start and it ran great no smoke engine ,Trans,PTO & the works ran quite and smooth. No attachments just a 3PH. I Can't get it to start know I think the Battery and maybe the Alt. crapped out I will be back down on the farm end of Feb. and put a new battery in it. Should I go to tractor supply or Wally world for a new battery?
It wont be used much until I retire in 2009 and stop the commute from NJ.
I picked up a MF GC2300 with a 60mmm and a fel with 180 hrs. on it to mow the 4 acres and work around the chicken houses this is one sweet tractor.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Don't have any info on the MF-35. But I have a 1966 MF-135 diesel Deluxe which has "deluxe" features: dual clutch, live hydraulics and PTO, ground speed PTO, tachometer, foam float seat. There are "deluxe" options also: 145 ci gas engine or 152 ci direct injection diesel, manual or power steering, 6-speed standard tranny or 12-speed Multi-Power tranny. The Deluxe has the tachometer, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, fuel gauge and ammeter.

The bare bones MF-135 Special has 124 ci gas engine, 6-speed tranny, spring cushion seat. The Special has only a water temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #6  
Can't say anything about the tractor, but I will throw in my $0.02 regarding the battery. On another forum dealing with the truck I drive, the question about batteries has come up many times. There appears to only be a few battery manufacturers so most batteries come from the same place.

Anyway I do know that I will never buy a Wally World battery again. I went through 2 in my tractor in a 3 month period and was on the 3rd one in my truck within 18 months when I went to an AC/Delco (older ones had prob. with pos terminal rotting out but supposedly fixed in new ones). I have not had a prob. since.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35
Thanks for the answers, Can't wait to get back down to NC.
Hope to get the 35 started. I will take pictures of both tractors together.
Glad I found this site some of the things I was going to do would have wound up busting the tractor or worse me.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35
I got back down to the farm and had a chance to work on my MF35.
Replaced the battery but it didnt start. I did some checking and found an inline fuse holder in bad shape with a fuse wrapped in tin foil.
I replaced the holder and put in a new fuse and off she went. Now I have to clean up the wiring I found twisted and taped together.
My wife and I decided to retire early and move to the farm, listing my house next month. Guess I will have more time to play with both my MF.

/ What is the difference between a deluxe MF35 and a reg, MF35 #9  
EMS503 said:
My wife and I decided to retire early and move to the farm, listing my house next month.

Congratulations!! Don't forget to spend a little time with the wife too..