Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #1  

MEhorseFarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2310
Hello,

After reading a lot of the threads on this forum and spending way too much time researching sub-compact tractors, I finally went and bought the GC2310 TLB. I bought it from Northwood Power Equipment in Hermon, Maine. It was delivered today. I can hardly wait to put it to work and put it to the test. I just purchased 21 acres of land and plan to build a new house for me and a barn for my horses. This unit will be handy to pull out a few stumps, dig drainage ditches and oh yeah, moving around the stuff horses make on a daily basis. It will be a shame to get it dirty though.

My last tractor was a Kubota B7300HST, which I lost in a divorce 5 years ago, and I miss my baby. Of course I am talking about the tractor. So naturally, I had considered the Kubota BX24 first. But, I kept coming back to the Massey. I liked a lot about the Massey but one major factor was the Massey has steel hood and fenders where the Kubota has plastic. Call me old fashioned, but, I believe a tractor needs to be made of steel, not plastic. Another factor was the Massey is made by Iseki and they make a quality piece of equipment. Check out the blue version of the GC2300 at ISEKI > Products > Tractor TMG Series. I had an Iseki/Bolens years ago and it was a workhorse.

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for your useful comments and I will be contributing once I have had a chance to put this little-big guy to work.

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #2  
Congratulations and welcome aboard. You won't be disappointed with the capabilities of your new little (big) tractor.

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #3  
Congradts and welcome ! You will enjoy your new toy. I think still think my favorite feature to the Massey is the larger displacment "lazy" motor. They still will "work" at lower RPM. The Massey had the torquiest feel of the bunch. With the exception of the NH, the other units I played with like to be spun up like a gas motor. The NH just does not have an equal in the TZ line. No BH available and no factory rear auxillary hydraulic line. If they had, it would have been a tougher choice.:D

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #4  
Congrats and welcome to TBN. you are going to love the new little red MF'er (that's what mine was nicknamed). Just got mine a week ago and I just pickedup the box blade today and haven't had a chance to work it yet. You are going to really enjoy this tractor, I do already!

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310
Thanks, Guys. I am looking forward to putting it to work. It may be a while, still waiting for the ground to dry out a bit so I can get onto the land and start digging holes. We got 15" of snow a few days ago here in Maine and it is sticking around. I have been playing around moving one pile of snow from one place to another. The neighbors must think I am nuts but hey it’s a guy thing.

I bought the tractor as is with no additional implements. It will come in handy for preparing the land for building. I plan to buy a bush-hog, post-hole digger, Rototiller, snow thrower and MMM. A rear blade will be handy, too. I am like a kid in a candy store right now.
-Owen

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #6  
If you are doing any kind of finish dirt work with it I highly recomend getting a 48" box blade. I even do my gravel driveway with my BB and it works great. If you get the BB you will notice there are adjustable tines on the front. For finish work and gravel work, leave those tines all the way up. If you are breaking seriously unlevel ground, make a pass with them up and then start droping the tines and make a pass per notch. Chances are you wont even need to drop them. "I have only dropped mine to plow my wifes garden":cool:

Thanks 61. I was wondering how a box blade would work on the horse arena and I will have a long gravel driveway to start with so I am sure that will work well for leveling that as well. I will add that to my ever growing list of wants and desires.

I am looking at getting a trailer, too. I am leaning toward a dump type as I can use it for hauling the tractor now and shavings/hay for the horses later. It would have to be 16' long to accommodate the tractor with FEL & BH. Not sure if I want to spend the bucks right now but I need to move the tractor to and from the property. I can borrow a trailer but that is a hassle. Anyone know of a good deal on trailers either in New England or on the net?

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #8  
MEhorseFarm said:
I bought the tractor as is with no additional implements. It will come in handy for preparing the land for building. I plan to buy a bush-hog, post-hole digger, Rototiller, snow thrower and MMM. A rear blade will be handy, too. I am like a kid in a candy store right now.
-Owen

I think that a landscape rake and a rear blade should definitely be added to the list. I think they would come in handy for the horse arena. The box blade is a must for finish dirt work and for gravel drives (this is what I have heard repeatedly). Oh yeah, I think you should probably throw in some kind of quick hitch to make it easier to get the 3PH implements on and off. I am reseaching the rotary cutter right now, I'll tell you what I come back with.

/ Finally bought the Massey Ferguson GC2310 #9  
For trailors try coastle metal fab in Topsham Me. Although I did see some nice tilt equipment trailors in Ellesworth. I don't know the name of the place but you will see them while driving into town.
The box blade is one of my favorite tools adjust the top link short for digging or long so the front edge is up and dragging the back blade.
I used it for snow removal this past winter pushing with the FEl dragging with the back. IT'S ALL GOOD!!
Good luck and congrats
phil

Thanks for the great info Archery and Phil. I will certainly be putting a Rake and Blade on the list. I have a lot of groundwork to do this spring so it will be a fun time. I will check out Coastal Metal Fab. I also have a friend who works at Maine Trailer who may be able to get me a good deal. Lots to think about that is for sure and all it takes is money…:D