MF 135 hydraulic control

/ MF 135 hydraulic control #1  

cwooten

I recently purchased an aftermarket hydraulic control for my 135. I have put it on, taken it off, etc because I can't get it to work properly. Apparently I don't know how it properly fit the metal tube that goes down into the transmission. I have tried it fitted into the bottom of the bolt on adapter, I have tried it pressed down into the transmission, and currently, I can't even get my lift arms to work at all. I contacted the seller and he stated that they are sold all over and I needed an "expert."

Also, it is my understanding now that I bought this that I can't use this control and my lift arms without switching the knob on the hydraulic controller. I had rather have had the two handle model that controls the arms and the hydraulics but couldn't find one online. Any thougts on this?

/ MF 135 hydraulic control #2  
I recently purchased an aftermarket hydraulic control for my 135. I have put it on, taken it off, etc because I can't get it to work properly. Apparently I don't know how it properly fit the metal tube that goes down into the transmission. I have tried it fitted into the bottom of the bolt on adapter, I have tried it pressed down into the transmission, and currently, I can't even get my lift arms to work at all. I contacted the seller and he stated that they are sold all over and I needed an "expert."

Also, it is my understanding now that I bought this that I can't use this control and my lift arms without switching the knob on the hydraulic controller. I had rather have had the two handle model that controls the arms and the hydraulics but couldn't find one online. Any thougts on this?

Trial and error.....It takes a few tries sometimes to get the standpipe in place. I've had better luck with inserting it into to isolator valve, then pressing the lower end into the pump, but whatever works..... As a last ditch effort, drain down the oil level, remove the round inspection cover (near where right foot would sit on running board) and visually check postion and placement of lower end of stand pipe. There's 3 spots where it "feels" like it's in place. Only one is actually inserted in the pump. Kinda tricky even for an "expert".

I have a complete OEM valve, hoses, quick couplers (both male and female), bracket, and installation/operation manual that I'd sell very reasonable. (Enables use of remotes and 3-point at same time) It's 100%, no leaks. Works like a new one. Recently removed from low hour tractor. Previous owner installed a loader and used a new service valve. If interested, please contact me via PM.

Where are you located?

Attachments

• service valve 001.jpg
    service valve 001.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,948
  • service valve 002.jpg
    service valve 002.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,553
Last edited:
   / MF 135 hydraulic control
Thanks. I will try again. Someone else on the phone told me yesterday what you told me and that was to reach in visually and put the pipe in the right spot. When correct does the pipe go into the bottom of the hydraulic control? I would assume so since there are orings on each end?

I would like to buy yours if the handles are short enough to fit under the seat. That is actually the one I wanted I just couldn't find it. That is what I had on a previous MF that controlled the arms as well.

I am in Oklahoma City. Craig

/ MF 135 hydraulic control #4  
Thanks. I will try again. Someone else on the phone told me yesterday what you told me and that was to reach in visually and put the pipe in the right spot. When correct does the pipe go into the bottom of the hydraulic control? I would assume so since there are orings on each end?

I would like to buy yours if the handles are short enough to fit under the seat. That is actually the one I wanted I just couldn't find it. That is what I had on a previous MF that controlled the arms as well.

I am in Oklahoma City. Craig

The one I'm selling is the "short handled" model. The levers top out just under the seat. It was factory equipped on a 1973 MF150. (Same hydraulics as a 135)

I've seen these valves complete with all the hoses and quick couplers sell on EBAY for $350+. I've been asking $250 and freight, but would take $250 and I'll pay the freight. (Approx $30) Includes everything, even the cap screws to mount the valve.

When the standpipe is in the right spot, it'll extend about a 1/4" above the lift cover surface. When it's in the WRONG spot, it is just about 1/8" above the lift cover. It should extend into the hydraulic valve very simular to the way it fits into the blank-off plate. (roughly 1/4")

Last edited:
   / MF 135 hydraulic control
Hmmm. So I guess the pipe being an inch lower than being flush isn't quite right. THanks for the info. That makes sense.

I would like your valve if you think it is right for me. You can call me at 405 255-0902 so we can work out the details. Craig

/ MF 135 hydraulic control #6  
Hmmm. So I guess the pipe being an inch lower than being flush isn't quite right. THanks for the info. That makes sense.

I would like your valve if you think it is right for me. You can call me at 405 255-0902 so we can work out the details. Craig

I'll call you once I'm home. (I'm in the office for about another hour)

If the standpipe is that far below the lift cover surface, you've completely missed the top of the pump. Lucky it didn't drop on down into the hydraulic sump. I've had 'em to do that. When that happens, you have to pull the lift cover and go "fishing".