MF 135 Wiring help needed

/ MF 135 Wiring help needed #1  

madmrallysport

Hi guys

i'm new on here, my dad hasbeen working / restoring a 1967 MF 135, the wiring in the tractor is a real mess, it had a home made loom in it, we have removed it and bought a after market loom, but we have no idea were the wire goes, does any one have a wiring diagram for such a machine, also the loom looks to us like its for a dynmo on ot, were as this MF had an altenator on it when we bought it. Please please help us. We're based in Northern Ireland hello to everyone.

/ MF 135 Wiring help needed #2  
That year 135 would have had a generator (dynamo to you all across the pond!) If there's an alternator, all bets are off as to the OEM wiring harness (loom) simply being a "plug and play" install.

Does the alternator you have now use it's internal regulator? Is the old (original) regulator still wired into the system? Is it a "1-wire" alternator? OR, conventional 3-wire?

And FINALLY....US market 135's will have a different wiring schematic than UK market models. You'll need a UK wiring diagram.

I'd suggest taking a trip over to "yesterdays Tractors" website, hunting up the Massey Ferguson discussion forum and posing the same questions. There are a few "Englishmen" that frequent that site who could probably help you more than I can.

/ MF 135 Wiring help needed
Hi

When we got the tractor it wasnt going, the wiring had melted in place due to short and wrong cable size. The altenator is a 3 wire version, i think, i can take a picture and email to you if that helps, i'll check that other site out as well, thanks

/ MF 135 Wiring help needed #5  
I don't know if you resolved your problems yet and the wiring diagram certainly helps. If you have a 3-wire alternator setup it tells me you also have an external voltage regulator. I just happened to be on eBay this morning and there is a vendor by the name of billcrafton, the item # is 120414036275, item description is, "NEW HARNESS ASSEMBLY MASSEY FERGUSON 135-148 TRACTOR". The starting bid is $29 and ending date is May 5th. I sent an email asking if the harness is setup for an internal regulator or external. I will most likely get this one as my 74 135 needs it.

Hope this helps!

Mike

/ MF 135 Wiring help needed #6  
I don't know if you resolved your problems yet and the wiring diagram certainly helps. If you have a 3-wire alternator setup it tells me you also have an external voltage regulator. I just happened to be on eBay this morning and there is a vendor by the name of billcrafton, the item # is 120414036275, item description is, "NEW HARNESS ASSEMBLY MASSEY FERGUSON 135-148 TRACTOR". The starting bid is $29 and ending date is May 5th. I sent an email asking if the harness is setup for an internal regulator or external. I will most likely get this one as my 74 135 needs it.

Hope this helps!

Mike

I've bought a number of things from Mr. Crafton. He's usually a straight shooter, ships quick, and plays by the rules. That said, A good number of the aftermarket MF items he sells are for UK/European tractors. If the harness is for OEM applications, it will be for an external reg.