Default MF 135 Wiring help needed

Hi guys

i'm new on here, my dad hasbeen working / restoring a 1967 MF 135, the wiring in the tractor is a real mess, it had a home made loom in it, we have removed it and bought a after market loom, but we have no idea were the wire goes, does any one have a wiring diagram for such a machine, also the loom looks to us like its for a dynmo on ot, were as this MF had an altenator on it when we bought it. Please please help us. We're based in Northern Ireland hello to everyone.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Default Re: MF 135 Wiring help needed

That year 135 would have had a generator (dynamo to you all across the pond!) If there's an alternator, all bets are off as to the OEM wiring harness (loom) simply being a "plug and play" install.

Does the alternator you have now use it's internal regulator? Is the old (original) regulator still wired into the system? Is it a "1-wire" alternator? OR, conventional 3-wire?

And FINALLY....US market 135's will have a different wiring schematic than UK market models. You'll need a UK wiring diagram.

I'd suggest taking a trip over to "yesterdays Tractors" website, hunting up the Massey Ferguson discussion forum and posing the same questions. There are a few "Englishmen" that frequent that site who could probably help you more than I can.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Hi

When we got the tractor it wasnt going, the wiring had melted in place due to short and wrong cable size. The altenator is a 3 wire version, i think, i can take a picture and email to you if that helps, i'll check that other site out as well, thanks

A wiring diagram is available online. Unfortunately it is the dynamo one. Which is what your machine should have. Charging via basic alternator will be the same or similar to any other automotive alternator application. There will be no control box.

Wiring diagram link :-

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...uitdiagram.jpg

I don't know if you resolved your problems yet and the wiring diagram certainly helps. If you have a 3-wire alternator setup it tells me you also have an external voltage regulator. I just happened to be on eBay this morning and there is a vendor by the name of billcrafton, the item # is 120414036275, item description is, "NEW HARNESS ASSEMBLY MASSEY FERGUSON 135-148 TRACTOR". The starting bid is $29 and ending date is May 5th. I sent an email asking if the harness is setup for an internal regulator or external. I will most likely get this one as my 74 135 needs it.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldchevyluver View Post
    I don't know if you resolved your problems yet and the wiring diagram certainly helps. If you have a 3-wire alternator setup it tells me you also have an external voltage regulator. I just happened to be on eBay this morning and there is a vendor by the name of billcrafton, the item # is 120414036275, item description is, "NEW HARNESS ASSEMBLY MASSEY FERGUSON 135-148 TRACTOR". The starting bid is $29 and ending date is May 5th. I sent an email asking if the harness is setup for an internal regulator or external. I will most likely get this one as my 74 135 needs it.

Hope this helps!

Mike

I've bought a number of things from Mr. Crafton. He's usually a straight shooter, ships quick, and plays by the rules. That said, A good number of the aftermarket MF items he sells are for UK/European tractors. If the harness is for OEM applications, it will be for an external reg.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.