Massey 135

/ Massey 135 #1  

Cowboy73

Hello folks, first timer here...

I'm looking at a 135 that the local dealer has. It's a 1972 I believe with the Perkins 3 cylinder gas engine. Has locking diff., full set of working gauges, power steering and a factory bucket. Runs good and the tin is in good shape, but it needs a fresh paint job.

Dealer is asking $7000.00. Seems pretty high to me but I need some expert advise.....

/ Massey 135 #2  

I'm looking at a 135 that the local dealer has. It's a 1972 I believe with the Perkins 3 cylinder gas engine. Has locking diff., full set of working gauges, power steering and a factory bucket. Runs good and the tin is in good shape, but it needs a fresh paint job.

Dealer is asking $7000.00. Seems pretty high to me but I need some expert advise.....

That 135 is worth on average about $4100 from a dealer. One that's in exceptional shape could go for as much as $4700 (both prices without the FEL). The FEL is probably worth $2-3K depending on condition of the hyd cylinders, hoses, control valves and the bucket.

My 135 is a 1964 diesel that I got for $3600 in July06. The front end sheet metal was beat up, but it ran OK. Now it's in my shop with an engine oil leak that needs to be fixed.

/ Massey 135
Thanks Flusher...

It's in good shape, not exceptional, but better than average. The tin is all straight, no rust. Sounds like if I could get it for $6000.00 with the front end loader, that might be a decent buy.

/ Massey 135 #4  

Prices vary regionally. Around these parts, a very nice 135 (w/o loader) can bring $5000 to $5500 with average condition being closer to $4500. A GOOD all hydraulic loader can bring as much as $1000 to $1500 more. But that is PREMIUM dollar for PERFECT condition. For good/average w/loader, I wouldn't consider it a fair bargain until it was under $5800/$6000.

In other words, $7000 is a little steep even here where 100 series Masseys bring top dollar. I'm sure a dealer also knows this is the best time of year to sell a tractor like that for premium prices.

/ Massey 135 #5  
Go to Massys web siteyou can get a 2605 brand new for 9,995 its 38 hp trow in a loader for about 3500 or so .

/ Massey 135
Have not been able to get the dealer to budge on his price so far.

I did find another 135 at a different dealer. It's a 1964 with the Continental 4cyl., FEL, Multi-Power and wheel weights. It's in a bit better shape with only 1442 hours on it. Dealer is asking $5700.00, but they seem more willing to deal. Only problem is see with it is the pto seal is leaking. Is that a tough one to replace?

/ Massey 135 #7  
Have not been able to get the dealer to budge on his price so far.

I did find another 135 at a different dealer. It's a 1964 with the Continental 4cyl., FEL, Multi-Power and wheel weights. It's in a bit better shape with only 1442 hours on it. Dealer is asking $5700.00, but they seem more willing to deal. Only problem is see with it is the pto seal is leaking. Is that a tough one to replace?

Same seal is leaking on my 135. Need to replace it one of these days. Not a tough job. Parts are relatively inexpensive. However, some of these old tractors are like old kitchen sink plumbing--you never know what you'll run into when you start a repair job. Be prepared.

/ Massey 135 #9  
Big Dean web Site
There is a section on Big Deans website on what to watch out for when buying a 135 -- good reading
regards