Massey 135 just aquired

/ Massey 135 just aquired #1  

Brakeman

I just picked up a Massey Ferguson 135, I beleive it was a good deal, it runs good the hydralics work and it came with attachments. And heres the but it does not have a pto. Just wondering if you can do a field conversion and how difficult it could be if possible. I got the numbers off of the dash plate and looked on tractordata.com but the numbers don't match. Dash plate numbers are 135 446565 and below is M. There are other casting numbers on the gearbox. Left side 1867 505 m1 (or i). Right side 1868 185 m1 (or i). Any info would be helpful. Thankyou

/ Massey 135 just aquired #2  
The numbers with the M1 suffix are part #'s on those castings. They mean little as far as identifying the tractor. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it MAY be a 2135, which was sort of an industrial version of the 135. You'll need a parts manual and a GOOD parts man to weed through various part #'s to see if a PTO can be added.

Serial # does NOT match up with any 135's I know of.

/ Massey 135 just aquired #3  
I just picked up a Massey Ferguson 135, I beleive it was a good deal, it runs good the hydralics work and it came with attachments. And heres the but it does not have a pto. Just wondering if you can do a field conversion and how difficult it could be if possible. I got the numbers off of the dash plate and looked on tractordata.com but the numbers don't match. Dash plate numbers are 135 446565 and below is M. There are other casting numbers on the gearbox. Left side 1867 505 m1 (or i). Right side 1868 185 m1 (or i). Any info would be helpful. Thankyou

No pto--probably an industrial tractor or some sort of towing tug (usually painted yellow). Please post photos so we can be of more help.

/ Massey 135 just aquired
Thanks for the quick replys. I took a few picture of it and I hope they will do some good. DSCN2366.jpg

DSCN2365.jpg

DSCN2364.jpg

/ Massey 135 just aquired #5  
   / Massey 135 just aquired #6  
Thanks for the quick replys. I took a few picture of it and I hope they will do some good.View attachment 134599

View attachment 134600

View attachment 134601

There's more to the pto that just the output shaft, which is relatively easy to remove for service or replacement on a standard 135.

My 1964 MF135 diesel has a two stage clutch and a pto shift lever on the left side of the transmission housing just below the seat (conveniently placed so you can operate it by reaching down with your left hand).

So, even though your photo of the rear end shows a cap over the opening where the pto shaft is usually seen, you're probably out of luck unless the clutch and tranny on your 135 are already setup for a pto.

/ Massey 135 just aquired #7  
There's more to the pto that just the output shaft, which is relatively easy to remove for service or replacement on a standard 135.

My 1964 MF135 diesel has a two stage clutch and a pto shift lever on the left side of the transmission housing just below the seat (conveniently placed so you can operate it by reaching down with your left hand).

So, even though your photo of the rear end shows a cap over the opening where the pto shaft is usually seen, you're probably out of luck unless the clutch and tranny on your 135 are already setup for a pto.

The side view of the tractor looks like it has the lever to engage the pto already. I am wondering if the OP either didn't realize the pto is under the pto cover or if it is actually broken off and the cover is just there to cover the broken stub.

/ Massey 135 just aquired #8  
Can you post a picture of the front axle? From what I see, that IS a 2135. (OR...UK 135, also sold in Canada) It doesn't have the swept back axle and radius arms of a US market 135. As Robert said, the PTO SHOULD be under that screw-in cap on the rear end of the differential housing. It's possible that the pto stub shaft might have been removed, but from all indications, even if it IS gone, you have the same rear end as a standard 135. So....If the stub is gone, it should be feasable to replace it. Also, there is a pto control lever on the left side of the transmission housing, approx next to where your left heel would sit on the running board. (visable in photo #1) That wouldn't be there if it was not originally equipped with a pto shaft.

I've seen a BUNCH of 2135's (also MF20 Industrials) that were repainted in the red/silver AG tractor colors. If so, whoever did so swapped out hood emblems and used 135 decals. Yours has been repainted at one point. The grey chassis color is older "Ferguson" grey and not the flint grey metallic that would have been on an original 135.

I'm digging through some old info to see if that "odd" serial # is one that would be found on a UK model 135. (UK 135's built in the 70's had a straight axle on the front that you wouldn't find on a US market 135)

/ Massey 135 just aquired #9  
Surely there is a PTO under the PTO cover between the two chains at the back, just like on my own 135 !

/ Massey 135 just aquired #10  
I guess when the owner removes the cover, pushes in the clutch, engages the pto lever, lets the clutch out, and looks back there to see if its spinning, we will know for sure lol