Massey 135

/ Massey 135 #1  

Texas Blues

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 1655 Ford 1700 2cyl, Ford 1600 2cyl Massey 135 3cyl gas
Just got back from a tractor beauty contest. I got a "thanks for coming" pat on the back. LOL Gonna be hunting down some new fenders and hood/grill assemblys, and a dash panel. Preping the case for painting, need to do alittle more cleaning and rust removal. Oh and that "made to fit" front rim will be gone soon, I have the original rim. Been seeing body parts on the net, anybody have any suggestions on good sources for body parts? Thanks, TB

Attachments

• DSCF0114.JPG
    DSCF0114.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 347
   / Massey 135 #2  
Just got back from a tractor beauty contest. I got a "thanks for coming" pat on the back. LOL Gonna be hunting down some new fenders and hood/grill assemblys, and a dash panel. Preping the case for painting, need to do alittle more cleaning and rust removal. Oh and that "made to fit" front rim will be gone soon, I have the original rim. Been seeing body parts on the net, anybody have any suggestions on good sources for body parts? Thanks, TB

TB: glad to see your 135 up and running.

I found the front grill for my 1964 135 on eBay. A tractor dealer in MO was cleaning out his parts storage and reducing his inventory.

/ Massey 135 #3  
There's a couple vendors on EBAY that sell "original Massey Ferguson replacement parts". Be aware that MUCH of this stuff is NOT "original", nor is it EXACTLY the same part(s). MF licensed 100 series and 200 series tractors for production in several "3rd world" manufacturing settings. Many of these parts are to fit these "knock offs". If you're buying off the 'net, be specific when ordering. You have a US built MF135 and want OEM/OEM style parts, NOT "almost fits".

Yep....I gotta pile of "almost the same thing, just they don't quite fit" parts in my loft to show as proof.

/ Massey 135
Thanks Farm, I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure the ones I've been seeing online are the after market veriety. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some OEM left over stock somewhere as flusher had said. Or maybe even a tractor salvage yard with good straight ones I can paint. Thanks, TB

/ Massey 135 #5  
Thanks Farm, I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure the ones I've been seeing online are the after market veriety. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some OEM left over stock somewhere as flusher had said. Or maybe even a tractor salvage yard with good straight ones I can paint. Thanks, TB

Judging from the amount of work you've gone through already, I'd say you're looking to keep the 135 around for a while. If so, keep your eyes and ears open for the occasional "non-runner" 135. Just a couple weeks ago, I found a '72 MF150 (like mine) that has a locked up motor, and the rear end housing is cracked (water in hydraulic sump then frozen) Lots of sheet metal, wheels, front end/steering, 3-point parts, radiator, remote hyd. valve, ect..... I snagged it for
a song. Spare parts GALORE! Seller was glad to get it out of his yard.