Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. #1  

ladddn

Why are there two different models of the 135? One has the grill headlights, 3piece hood, and 135 emblems up front. The other (the one I have) has a one piece hood, headlights on the side, and 135 emblems at the rear.

What痴 the difference? I do not know the year of mine since the vin is missing, but have supposedly seen tractors like this from all different years, both late and early models.

Can someone help?

/ Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. #2  
I think the emblems in the read are the ones built in the USA and the emblems in front are from the UK. Farmwithjunk probably knows for sure. TB

/ Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. #3  

Why are there two different models of the 135? One has the grill headlights, 3piece hood, and 135 emblems up front. The other (the one I have) has a one piece hood, headlights on the side, and 135 emblems at the rear.

What痴 the difference? I do not know the year of mine since the vin is missing, but have supposedly seen tractors like this from all different years, both late and early models.

Can someone help?

British made is the headlight in the grill. north american is the other. I have the British.
There is a massey fergusson or tractor with a lot of masseys? museum in Devon.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. #4  
My brother has a 135 that he bought with no grill, he seen a few pictures of the UK 135's with the headlights in the grill. He wanted the UK style grill/headlights so I ordered them from a parts house in the UK. Now he probably has the only UK styled 135 in Texas.

Before.
135a_zpsfa17c31c.jpg

After.
135004_zps305085dd.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. #5  
Massey Ferguson 135 emblem, hood, and headlight differences. Why are there two different models of the 135? One has the grill headlights, 3piece hood, and 135 emblems up front. The other (the one I have) has a one piece hood, headlights on the side, and 135 emblems at the rear. What痴 the difference? I do not know the year of mine since the vin is missing, but have supposedly seen tractors like this from all different years, both late and early models. Can someone help?
The early model 135's round side emblem on the North America versions (rear mounted emblem) where chrome plated. This was a single stage plating and unless well polished would later in life pit and flake off. Later they went to a baked enamel painted version. Same with the front emblem. The older version has a rolled aluminum horizontal bar that went across the top grill. The early emblems where also single stage chrome plated and was secured to the aluminum bar with twist caps. The side emblems where also secured with twist caps. 1/4" I think.

A few clues to vintage. If it has a vertical air filter then it could be a 65 to 67. They where ordered where heavy dust and debrise filtering was needed. Pain to clean out. Earlier models such as my 65 the serial number was mounted on the battery tray frame on the left side. Later models where mounted on the dash metal in front of your left knee. If you see holes missing in either place that would be where the serial number was. The engine if it where a 4 cyl continental the plate would be mounted on a flat surface on the left side of the engine block to the right of the distributor.

The picture attached is for a Z145. I had these made to replace my badly damaged one. One can't get a fix on the age of the tractor from a engine number plate. You have to have that all special serial tag mentioned. My only suggestion to you is to compare parts with known tractors to narrow down to a date. Good luck.

Sent via Ipad2

Attachments

• image-2722860732.jpg
    image-2722860732.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 701