MF 135

/ MF 135 #1  

Boit

Hiya, my problem should be a rather simple fix but I'm stuck at this point. Here's the deal. The tractor is a MF 135 3-cylinder diesel that belongs to my dad and his 3 brothers(they pooled to buy the machine). It is about 45 yrs old and runs fine. The problem is that the tractor sat unused for about 6-7 months thru the winter. My dad went to start it and it ran for about 10-15 seconds and died. It turns over fine but won't start. I suspected that it's not getting fuel so I managed to get a NAPA fuel filter for it and changed it out. The filter sits inside a clear glass bowl so it's easy to see when fuel fets to the filter. Can't get fuel to the filter. I even used the little manual lever pump to prime the filter...loosening the filter to purge the air but still no fuel. I suspect that the diesel has gelled during the cold and is blocking the fuel from getting out of the tank to the filter. I decided to take the fuel line apart downstream of the tank where it goes into the pump but the line won't come out of the pump. It's very loose as I can wiggle it around but I can't remove that end. I don't won't to beat on it and risk doing damage so I am at a loss as to why this line won't just pop right out. I tried a couple of other places in the fuel line that has the same connections and they all do the same thing. Is there a trick or method of getting these line-ends out? These lines are metal...looks like stainless as there is no rust. If the fuel pump needs replacing, I need to know how to remove the lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troy A.
Luling, La.

/ MF 135 #2  
G'day troy the lines prob have got rubber sleeve on them just give them a good sharp tug once the nuts are undone. Check the tap up at the tank as there is a filter up inside the tank accessible by removing the tap . Good luck with it all :)

Jon

/ MF 135 #3  
Having the same trouble removing the lines from the pump. I know it sounds simmple but these SOB's wont budge. Any tips or tricks?

/ MF 135 #4  
My pump had rubber seals on the inside. Once I cut these the lines pulled out with easy. The new pump didn't have these seals and leaked like crazy. So I got sine small o rings and put 2 on the end if each line and tightened it down. Worked like a charm.