Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    MF 135

Default Re: MF 135 DIESEL LEAK AROUND THROTTLE SHAFT ON INJECTOR PUMP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ. in B.C. View Post
    Email me
    Hi JJ,

would you please email the article to me on the repair of the MF 135 injector pump? I helped my friend replace the orings in his last week on the throttle and cutoff pins. We had take it apart and put it together twice (so far). The first time we had the gasket out of place and the pump leaked at the engine side. The next time we had the pin for the cutoff slide/pushrod out of the u-shaped cutout, I think, and the tractor wouldn't start. Now, we think it is going to work, but my friend is out of commission with a shoulder injury and hasn't been out to the barn since the day we finished assembly. We were kind of flying blind during the repair, but acquired the correct orings to fix the original leak. If you still have the information you sent to the others, I would appreciate having it. Walter

wmelcher25@gmail.com

Tractor
    255 Massey

I have this same problem with my 255 MF. Can I do the same fix and if I can can I get the fix emailed to me as well?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 180

Quote Originally Posted by JJ. in B.C. View Post
    I didn't post it on the forum as i don't have the permission
    of the author, i would however gladly email it to anybody that
    needs it.
    If you could send me the article I would appreciate it greatly. richardhome@verizon.net. thanks!

If anyone else is needing a copy of this, click on my user name, send me an email requesting it and i will reply with the attachment

Can anyone send me the instructions please? Thank you in advance for the help

Tractor
    MF 135

JJ, thanks so much for the info. Walter

Hey guys when you get the instructions
    Be Warned there is a little note left out
    I hope you have the pic in front of you NOTE NOTE NOTE
    the spring that you remove has a pin on the left side that goes thru the plate that is the easiest to un hook.
    NOTE NOTE the pin has a very small spring on the back side of that plate.
    HOLD THE HEAD OF THE PIN IN PLACE WHEN YOU UNHOOK THE SPRING.
    The spring is not strong but it will shoot the pin across the yard . It is VERY hard to find in grass.
    ASK how I know
    Also when you get the Orings and the gasket there is 2 fiber washers that are not shown that go on top of the shafts on top of the cover. get those too. They may come off easy but one of mine didnt
    Last edited by ricks1; 08-05-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Tractor
    MF 135

Happy to report my friend's tractor is running again. Here are some tips based on our mistakes.

- if possible, remove the loader attachment from the front of the tractor. We had to work around it, and it was very much in the way.

- get the OEM replacement gasket. Well worth the $8. We tried making a gasket at first ===> FAIL

- the OEM gasket has two small tabs on the long sides, that stick out to the inside. These are important; they hook under a small bracket that is installed in the lower part of the pump. They keep the gasket positioned and keep the long sides from bending inward. Hook the tab on the engine side first, then hook the outboard tab.

- when you're done, prime/bleed the system to remove air. Bleed first from the bleed screw on top of the fuel filter. When bubbles stop coming out, close it. Then bleed again on the injector pump (lower bleed screw). Close it, then bleed at the pump cover bleed screw (upper bleed screw). Bleeding is done by pumping a small lever on the bottom of the fuel lift pump (near the filter). If you're not getting any action from the priming lever, bump the engine with the starter, because the pump is on the high point of the cam that operates it.

- after this, you should be able to start the motor. If not, I've seen where others have had to then bleed the lines at the injectors. We did not have to do that.

Got the info today, drove 40 miles to my Massey dealer and got the O-rings and gasket.There is so much demand that they actually have small packets of these parts made up!Then it was paint by numbers. The only difficulty was the shut off lever just wouldn't fall in right.But everything worked eventually and my Massey is dry as a bone, so,yes, it can be done.THANKS AGAIN TO JJ!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 135

Could you please send me a copy of the article showing how to fix the leak around the throttle shaft on the injector pump (MF 135 diesel).
    Thank you

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast