MASSEY 135 HYDRAULIC RETURN

/ MASSEY 135 HYDRAULIC RETURN #1  

GREENBOY

Hello All,
I have a MASSEY FERGUSON 135 and have spent out on a 3 point hydraulic log splitter. I have one hydraulic hose/pipe set up, and I have to attach the return hose to the tractor. I have been told that it is to be attached in the hole on the right just behind the pipe - now I am sorry as this is to most a simple task but my engine has been coated/protected in a grey paint and I tried loosening the hex screw thread but it didnt shift at all - i dont want to over exert and ruin the socket, any ideas how i can remove it and if it is the right hole. I have attached a photo of the left hand side of the tractor under the seat - the screw thread I am looking to remove is the one on the far right. Is this the right one for the return and how do I loosen it , also any tips as this is my first experience with hydraulics
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG00016-20091215-2045.jpg
    IMG00016-20091215-2045.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,323
   / MASSEY 135 HYDRAULIC RETURN #2  
Yes , that plug is a return port, i would suggest using the correct size allen wrench and giving it a sharp rap with a hammer to break it free. Only downside to using the 135 internal hydraulics is it will be slow to operate, better to use a front mounted or PTO driven pump.

/ MASSEY 135 HYDRAULIC RETURN
I kind of wanted to keep costs low and I dont do alot of splitting at the moment, so will see how it performs off th internal's. Thanks for the pointer - much appreciated.

/ MASSEY 135 HYDRAULIC RETURN
Ihave got round the problem by tapping into the oil topup cap for the hydraulics it works a treat. But to tidy things up the hex bolt shown in the link has cracked and left 3/4 still in, it hasnt left a hole, just the edge has cracked, any ideas how i can remove and fit a new one in?:confused:

Hydraulic Cap Cover