3-Point Hitch Massey 135 Lift Problems

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #1  

moparman

I just purchased a massey 135 and I believe there is something wrong with the 3 pt hitch. The tractor does not have any remotes. The position lever does not have any response on the lift moving up and down. The only way the lift will move up is if I move the draft control to the highest position and if you move the draft control down any the lift falls. It seems like the position lever moves more freely than it should. Could it be that the position lever is stuck in the highest position? Is there something on the lever itself that could have broke? Thanks

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #2  
The linkage is probably disconnected in the bottom of the housing there is a 10cent clip that breaks or falls off it's a PITA to put in but you don't have to pull the top cover,get an IT shop manual and you will see where it goes.
I have replaced them before by removing the left cover that the slow-fast lever and the other side that holds the pto shift lever.

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems
I ordered an I&T manual today so I should have it in week or so. Does anyone have pictures or diagram of this clip you could post of email to me. Thanks

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #4  
I ordered an I&T manual today so I should have it in week or so. Does anyone have pictures or diagram of this clip you could post of email to me. Thanks

This might help:

image.jpg

image2.jpg

I left the images full size so you can see the parts and read the text.

BTW: I have a 1964 MF-135 diesel deluxe with multipower

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #5  
Another poster told of the roll pin through the base of the control handle failing, as referenced by part #25.

Thanks for posting the diagram, I think my control might be different than yours. Mine has about a 12 in shaft spacing the levers out from the tractor. Does your have this also?

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #7  
Thanks for posting the diagram, I think my control might be different than yours. Mine has about a 12 in shaft spacing the levers out from the tractor. Does your have this also?

Here's what mine looks like

DSCF0015 (Small).JPG

DSCF0021 (Small).JPG

That looks the same as mine. thanks for posting the picture

I tore into the tractor and the return spring for the position lever was in the bottom of the tractor. I cant find where the pin goes?

/ Massey 135 Lift Problems #10  
Hey there Flusher - good looking rear tires on that 135. I'm looking to upgrade my MF20 Ind. tires to something wider. What have you got on yours?