New to the FORUM MF 135

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #1  

93yjjeep

Tractor
MF 135
Ok I am new to the tractor world. I bought a MF 135 today, it should be delivered next monday. I pid 5700 for it along with a new King Kutter Brush hog. I have done some research and know I have a few ?'s. The guy I got it off of said it was a 1967. From what I figured out it is a deluxe model. It has Flat top fenders and the 8 speed tran. What year did MF begin to use the 8 speed?? Are flat fenders rare??? Should it have a diff. lockon it. Thanks

/ New to the FORUM MF 135
Ok I figurerd it was a 1968 but someone put an altinator on it

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #3  
I have a 1967 MF 135 that is a gas. I just put it for sale on here, because I bought a bigger tractor. I owned this one for 10 years. They are a nice machine.

100_0034.jpg

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #4  
Ok I figurerd it was a 1968 but someone put an altinator on it

Congrats on your new tractor. Post photos after your new 135 is delivered.

MF changed from generators to alternators in 1968 on the 135.

My 1964 MF135 diesel Deluxe with MultiPower that I bought in Jul06 came with a single-wire alternator that the original owner installed (I'm the 3rd owner).

I will get some pics up tomm. Got it Saturday and have been brush hogging all day. This thing runs like a dream!!!! The alternator on mine is a three wire Delco. I was thinking it was a 8 speed by the shifter knob, but I think it is only a 6 speed after using it today. I pretty much ran it all day it 3 low, our pasture is pretty thick.

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #6  
Congratulations on your new 135 and welcome to the forum. My first tractor was a 135 Orchard model. I now have 3 Masseys. Just a warning as you will probably want more eventually. Keep it maintained well as parts are cheap and easily found. And like the others have asked post up some pictures. Also is it gas or diesel?

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #7  
I will get some pics up tomm. Got it Saturday and have been brush hogging all day. This thing runs like a dream!!!! The alternator on mine is a three wire Delco. I was thinking it was a 8 speed by the shifter knob, but I think it is only a 6 speed after using it today. I pretty much ran it all day it 3 low, our pasture is pretty thick.

Addictive isn't it, once you own one the "now I can do this" list grows very quickly. All work of course ;)

How's the old girl been working for you, had any issues or has it just been plugging along, great old machines!

Well it was running pretty good and the and then it started smoking somewhat, black smoke. The guy I bought it off of came and looked at it. He checked all the injectors and advanced the timming alittle bit. He told me to run it this week and call him back and let him know if ti is still smoking. He doesnt think it is the injector pump and is kinda stummped on what it is.

/ New to the FORUM MF 135 #9  
Sorry don't know much about diesels, there are a lot of people here that do though.

It was running good for a while by the sounds of it, had you done any work on it since buying it?

Well I ran it today at about 1500 rpm for about 4 hours, The only time it smoked was when it was under load in some high grass. I put some Lucas injector cleaner in it and it seem to run fine.. other than the ocassional puff of balck smoke!