getting 135 parts

/ getting 135 parts #1  

kbrown6906

Tractor
mf 135 continental gas 4 cy
Bought a used MF 135 gas 4 cy Continental couple years ago. First year ran great except for weak 3 point lift due to numerous water in the fluid events.
Started having trouble with starting, then short rought running, then over heating (manifold & exhaust turning bright orange). Replaced the carb. & alternator got it home & after two days it threw a fan blade so did new radiator & fan then same overheating, loss of power, back fire problems. Back to the shop. Now its a totally bad down in the oil pan govenor and bent push rods.

I know I probably should stop sinking money into it but can't spring for another tractor and what do I do with a non working hunk of metal?

Parts for the Cont. engine seem hard to find so I am told by repair techs thus expensive and every time we fix one thing then something else related fails.

I see where many praise the MF 135. I'd like to do the same.

If you own a 135 gas Cont. & have found a good source of parts would greatly appreciate knowing your sources.

If you have any thoughts, visions, insights, guesses or hunches on these problems & repairs would appreciate them as well. Since they are free I take all I can get.

Respectfully
Kyle Brown
Leonard Texas

/ getting 135 parts #2  
Bought a used MF 135 gas 4 cy Continental couple years ago. First year ran great except for weak 3 point lift due to numerous water in the fluid events.
Started having trouble with starting, then short rought running, then over heating (manifold & exhaust turning bright orange). Replaced the carb. & alternator got it home & after two days it threw a fan blade so did new radiator & fan then same overheating, loss of power, back fire problems. Back to the shop. Now its a totally bad down in the oil pan govenor and bent push rods.

I know I probably should stop sinking money into it but can't spring for another tractor and what do I do with a non working hunk of metal?

Parts for the Cont. engine seem hard to find so I am told by repair techs thus expensive and every time we fix one thing then something else related fails.

I see where many praise the MF 135. I'd like to do the same.

If you own a 135 gas Cont. & have found a good source of parts would greatly appreciate knowing your sources.

If you have any thoughts, visions, insights, guesses or hunches on these problems & repairs would appreciate them as well. Since they are free I take all I can get.

Respectfully
Kyle Brown
Leonard Texas

Send us a list of all that you currently need and we will try to save you some $ on your parts. Email list and Qty needed to sweet@scrtc.com Ken Sweet

/ getting 135 parts #3  
I haven't tried ordering anything or spoken to anyone that works at the location given in the attached link, came across it last night comparing clutch parts for my 135. I too have had to replace the fan (threw a blade), new bearings in the alternator and a few other parts, all part of owning one I guess.

I do have a breakdown of the parts a local JD dealer has access to, haven't had to refer to it much, thankfully.

Hope this gives you an idea.

http://www.jiffyhitchsystems.com/tisco/massey ferguson.pdf