Default Massey 135 Front End Rebuild

The front end on the Massey 135 I purchases last year is need of a rebuild. The spindles on each side travel up and down about a 1/2" in the axle extensions. I don't think the main axle has much play in it, it just seems to be the spindles on each side. Can I just replace the bearings and bushings in the axle extension? Where is the best place to purchase these parts? Thanks

Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

Default Re: Massey 135 Front End Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by moparman View Post
    The front end on the Massey 135 I purchases last year is need of a rebuild. The spindles on each side travel up and down about a 1/2" in the axle extensions. I don't think the main axle has much play in it, it just seems to be the spindles on each side. Can I just replace the bearings and bushings in the axle extension? Where is the best place to purchase these parts? Thanks
    Do you have the detroit or UK model?

Quote Originally Posted by moparman View Post
    Detroit Model I think

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 148 .Chamberlain Super 70. Caterpillar D4. Chamberlain 354 FEL.Toro 268 rideon kubota L2002fel

G,Day moparman.
    up and down?.
    Do you mean that both the front axle king pins
    slide up and down the king pin is the part that has the stub axle on the bottom and the steering arm on the top which the steering rod attaches to?? .
    If this is so undo the pinch bolt that secures the steering arm to the king pin use two ring spanners ,this is a clamp arrangement ,undo the bolt about one turn will do and tap the steering arm down till it just touches the top of the axle then tighten up the clamp bolt ,last grease the whole tractor .
    Happy days .
    Hutch.