help with gas leak on mf 135

/ help with gas leak on mf 135 #1  

botakix

Bronze Member
hey guys, i have a 1972 massey 135 with the perkins 3cyl gas engine. i noticed this morning that after running it for a short period and shutting if off, i had a small amount of gas leaking from the weephole under the carb, and was wondering if this was anything to be concerned about. I am not the most mechanically inclined guy in the world, and was hoping for some help.

/ help with gas leak on mf 135 #2  
I had the same problem with mine, 4 cyl gas continental. I put a carb kit in in, cleaned all the ports and replaced all the seals etc. Still does it a little on shut down but not while running. I've gotten into the habit of shutting the fuel off after running it.

/ help with gas leak on mf 135 #3  
My old continental 135 did that when it got crud in the carb -- sometimes I got away with flushing the bowl, once I had to carb kit it. I think the float bowl is probably sticking a little or the valve it operates.

/ help with gas leak on mf 135 #4  
G'day as mike said just get into the habit of turning the fuel off

Jon

/ help with gas leak on mf 135
hey thanks a bunch guys. That puts my mind at ease a little. i have a newer kubota tractor that i bought after i started having trouble with an old 330 international i had, and like i said, i am not much of a mechanic and as everyone knows that is not a good thing, when you own one of these older tractors. i sold the 330 and bought a newer kubota to replace it, but missed the old tractor, so i bought this massey 135. Hopefully i wont have alot of issues with it, but it sure is nice knowing that a guy can come here, and get some help if he needs it. thanks again guys

/ help with gas leak on mf 135 #6  
this is a easy fix clean or replace needle valve and seat and adjust float if needed.