Bronze Member

Default 135 - Draft control needs to be full back to lift implement?

MF135 diesel. So what does it mean when the Draft lever needs to be pulled full back/up to get the other lever (forget the name but it's the one closer to the operator) to lift the implement on the 3pt?

Default Re: 135 - Draft control needs to be full back to lift implement?

Thats the way the 3pt hyd work, with the draft control lever in the fully raised position you can then operate the 3pt lift with the Position control lever, this is the correct way to use it. The draft control is used for soil engaging implements only such as plows.
    Have you tried the 3pt lift with the draft control fully raised ??

Bronze Member

Ok thanks - I was just confused then. Yep, the position control lever lifts the BH fine with the draft control fully raised.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

THe draft control position should have nothing to do with the ability to raise the 3 PH lift arms with the position control lever. The draft control should only raise the 3 PH when it senses overload (when correctly positioned), and the position lever should raise the implement regardless of where the draft control is set. I have seen some tractors that if the draft control was all the way up, it wouldnt lower, but never the other way around.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Bronze Member

Well for some reason the draft control on this 135 has to be full up for the position lever to be able to raise or lower the 3pt. It's a tractor I'm considering buying - that's why the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    THe draft control position should have nothing to do with the ability to raise the 3 PH lift arms with the position control lever. The draft control should only raise the 3 PH when it senses overload (when correctly positioned), and the position lever should raise the implement regardless of where the draft control is set. I have seen some tractors that if the draft control was all the way up, it wouldnt lower, but never the other way around.

I don't know were you are getting your information from but i can assure you that all 100 series Massey Fergusons have to have the levers as i stated

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    G'day don't mean to sound smart but this sounds like it comes from someone who hasn't had alot to do with massey hyd, i used to think the same until i came to work where i am now and my boss has 50+yrs of massey experience, even he say's that they are good when they are working but some of their ideas are a bit strange

Jon

Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

JJ is right, I actually had mine apart a couple of years ago now and had adjusted everything by the manual, mostly because someone who owned the tractor before me had tried the same I think. It is necessary to have the draft control lever up on my 135, and as JJ said it is used for ground engaging implements.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1970 MF-135 and 1951 Ford 8N

Hello,

I have a similar situation, my position lever is rusted stuck in the up position and I have to use the draft lever to raise and lower the 3 point. So when I get it unstuck I will find out if my hydraulics work or not.

v/r

Mike

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 148 .Chamberlain Super 70. Caterpillar D4. Chamberlain 354 FEL.Toro 268 rideon kubota L2002fel

G,Day Garry I notice you dont have any RED tractors in your collection maybe sell some and buy a nice old Red one .
    Now you know how the hydraulics work, just kidding.
    One point to note that when sold the operating instructions say to use the draft lever when operating a tipping trailer for example,with the position control lever in constant pump and the draft lever in lower the pump will only supply the hydraulic pressure required to tip the trailer thus avoiding the ram being subject to a dead head pressure spike and possibly doing the ram no good .
    for tractors fitted with pressure control you can use the pressure control side of the system where you operate by selecting the low pressure to start and slowly raise the pressure to give the desired speed .
    Happy Days.
    hutch