Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque #1  

wallyb147

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135, Diesel
I am replacing the head on my massey 135 perkins diesel but cannot locate head bolt torque pattern or specs. Also I will also need the torque specs for the valve rocker rail. Any other advice will be appericiated.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque #2  
I am replacing the head on my massey 135 perkins diesel but cannot locate head bolt torque pattern or specs. Also I will also need the torque specs for the valve rocker rail. Any other advice will be appericiated.

Here's the info you need:

AD3-152 head bolts (Small).jpg

Head bolt torque is 55-60 ft-lb.

The service manual doesn't list torque specs for the rocker arm. Just says to progressively tighten the support nuts EVENLY, until they are securely tightened. Looks like you're on your own here.

BTW: I have a 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower.

Good luck

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque #3  
Forgot to mention--I recently installed the head on the 4-cyl Hercules IXB3SL engine in my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor, a 25 hp gasser. Most of the holes for the head bolts connect to the cooling passages in the block. So you need thread sealer on the head bolts--I used that Permatex white sealer with Teflon.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque #4  
Here's the info you need:

View attachment 219158

Your drawing shows a washer on bolt # 15 as does my manual. My head didn't have one & I'm about to put the head back on. What & why one washer please?

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel head torque #5  
Not knowing the year of your tractor, it is hard to say, but it is my opinion that the early Perkins diesels had the washer. It was deleted on the later models, but I do not know the date. Min is a 1974 and the washer was omitted by the MFR.
Good Luck.