MF 135 clutch

/ MF 135 clutch #11  
I am a brand new member as of today. I just bought a MF135 and discovered that the clutch is very hard to depress. Should I have to stand up on the clutch to depress it? Surely not if it is working properly. The way it is now it is dangerous to use with a posthole digger with a helper on the ground. It is also dangerous to load (drive) the tractor up on a trailer and also to unload it, the clutch is just too stiff. Can anyone give me some help and guidance?

Thank you,
JEL

/ MF 135 clutch #12  
I am a brand new member as of today. I just bought a MF135 and discovered that the clutch is very hard to depress. Should I have to stand up on the clutch to depress it? Surely not if it is working properly. The way it is now it is dangerous to use with a posthole digger with a helper on the ground. It is also dangerous to load (drive) the tractor up on a trailer and also to unload it, the clutch is just too stiff. Can anyone give me some help and guidance?

Thank you,
JEL

Can anyone help this lad??

/ MF 135 clutch #13  

Thank you,
JEL

/ MF 135 clutch #14  
As described earlier in this thread, it sounds like the clutch was assembled wrong. Even a wore out clutch shouldn't have to stand on it to disengage. I'm afraid the tractor is going to have to be broken in half and verify the clutch assembly. Even when a clutch is at the end of it's life it shouldn't be that hard to depress. If the OP is not familiar with clutch replacement he should have it done by a professional. Sounds like someone botched the job. And yes, it would be dangerous to operate in it's current state.

EDIT: Just a note. That original message is over a month old..

Last edited:
   / MF 135 clutch #15  
As described earlier in this thread, it sounds like the clutch was assembled wrong. Even a wore out clutch shouldn't have to stand on it to disengage. I'm afraid the tractor is going to have to be broken in half and verify the clutch assembly. Even when a clutch is at the end of it's life it shouldn't be that hard to depress. If the OP is not familiar with clutch replacement he should have it done by a professional. Sounds like someone botched the job. And yes, it would be dangerous to operate in it's current state.

EDIT: Just a note. That original message is over a month old..

Your kinda old and we don't ignore you.....Just a note..I can read.....

/ MF 135 clutch #16  
murphy1244 said:
Your kinda old and we don't ignore you.....Just a note..I can read.....

Well then. Good day to you. The OP must gotten his answer then a month ago.

/ MF 135 clutch #17  
   / MF 135 clutch #18  
That's the point, no one answered him.
Your assuming no response no answer in public. I've answered many a question in PM.

So hows your weather. Sunny and 50 degrees with a high of 62 today.

/ MF 135 clutch #19  
Your assuming no response no answer in public. I've answered many a question in PM.

So hows your weather. Sunny and 50 degrees with a high of 62 today.

I also assume people usually post that a PM was sent...
Sunny cold and crisp high of 48 when, I don't know.

/ MF 135 clutch #20  
murphy1244 said:
I also assume people usually post that a PM was sent...
Sunny cold and crisp high of 48 when, I don't know.

Murph, I think the point here is the OP in question asked the same question that was responded to prior to his posting. That is why no one replied to him. It appeared he did not read the thread first. Shona gave what I thought a reasonable explanation for a hard pedal. although he didn't respond to the newbie directly. He got his answer if he read the entire thread. Some here don't continue repeating themselves just because someone asked the same question. One has to make an effort to read. I believe the member got his answer or he would have added to the conversation. No one was rude to him. Maybe ignored for asking the same question that was answered. I guess you can debate whether or not he was satisfied. Why not contact him. If he came here just for an answer maybe that's why he hasn't returned. he got his answer. Some people don't do forums. I had a big screen TV that was giving me trouble. Went that forum posed a question, but later found the answer. I didn't get a response but found the answer and fixed my TV. No different here. I don't post "PM sent". If they read it, they do, if they don't, they don't. Sometimes I get a "thank you" and sometimes I don't.

At any rate if the guy is lurking. He's going to have to break that tractor in two to see what's wrong with the clutch. Either wrong clutch or possibly a throwout bearing screwed up and jammed in the clutch fingers. Whoever did it before botched the job. Possibly why it was for sale to begin with.

I may be old, but I can still go out and run (not jog) five miles in 32 degrees weather and not be winded.