135, 150 no wait 245

/ 135, 150 no wait 245 #1  

wojeepster

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 245
I was looking for a 135 or a 150 in good condition but each tractor I looked at had serious problems or was a gas model. This forum taught me the benefits of the perkins diesel. Well today I looked at a 245 and everything worked! The only minor thing is two of the gages are out but that is easily fixed. It was about 28 degrees F when I got there. The owner was going to give it a shot of either and I asked him to try without. It started immediately. I think he might have been more supprised than me. I really think I bought a good tractor. Comes with a scrape blade and he will deliver wed or thurs. It has power steering that looks like an improvement over the earlier ones. I am paying $5500 with the scrape, 1900 hrs. and he is having the seat reupholstered.

/ 135, 150 no wait 245 #2  
good luck with it

/ 135, 150 no wait 245 #3  
Good find, hope it works out for you, but I must say that there's nothing wrong with MF gas model engines. I've had mine for 12 years (Z134) and must say, it sure starts nice in -25 degree C mornings, while some neighbours are piddling around getting their diesels warmed up I've already moved a lot of snow. Gassers don't have the HP of their diesel cousins for sure, but there's something to be said for the ease of gas engine simplicity.

/ 135, 150 no wait 245 #4  
Good find. Nice price. Have fun:thumbsup:

/ 135, 150 no wait 245
The gas tractor I looked at was not running very well. If it had I might well have bought a gas tractor first. To tell the truth this is the first tractor that started right up and the steering was good and the lift worked as it should. I was hesitant on the gas model because although it seemed easy to fix, if it wasn't and I bought another project I would have to listen to the boss about it for the rest of my existence. She already has her ears back because I bought it. Thank god for the mancave and my dog that doesnt care what I do as long as he gets fed.

/ 135, 150 no wait 245 #6  
I hear you, have to admit buying a good used tractor to prove their worth has paid dividends for me, have the Mrs convinced we need a 4WD with loader for manure / hay etc, plan to keep the 135 though. Hard to look at another tractor when this one has cost us so little to run these past 11 or 12 years.