Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Massey 35/135/150 OEM Owners/Service Manuals

Soon I will be locating and eventually purchasing a Massey 35/135/150 and thought it would be prudent to locate a source for OEM Owners/Service/Parts Manuals. I have seen a number of people refer to sources on eBay but I no longer trust/use eBay or PayPal due to rampant fraud and would like to find better alternatives such as Amazon for example.

Please keep in mind that I would like to find OEM manuals or reprints of them as opposed to third party manuals which I have read can often contain many mistakes and/or omissions.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Agcopubs.com or your local mf dealer.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Massey 35/135/150 OEM Owners/Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
    Agcopubs.com or your local mf dealer.
    Thanks, that appears to be what I am looking for. Do you know how complete the manuals are, especially the service and parts manuals? Do they include fluids, torque specs, etc?

I managed to locate another online source that appears to have very good OEM manuals but as expected, they don't come cheap.

Massey Ferguson 135 G and D Massey Ferguson 135 Tractor Manual

Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for so I am more than willing to pay more for excellent, all-inclusive manuals.

Elite Member
    Tractor

For those of you who may be looking for good manuals, like me. I highly suggest going to Amazon and reading the reviews. For example, you may have came across the I&T shop manuals.

According to many of the reviews I have read, they are "incomplete, vague, and misleading" which seems to be a consitent theme with these manuals. Here is the Amazon product link so you may read the reviews for yourself.

Massey-Ferguson Shop Manual: Models Mf135, Mf150, Mf165 (Manual Mf-27) (9780872881297): Clymer Publications: Books

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that the I&T manuals aren't any good as I really have no way of knowing, other than the reviews. However, it does not appear that they would be adequate for major service or a complete restoration like I will eventually be doing. Judge for yourself.

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    For those of you who may be looking for good manuals, like me. I highly suggest going to Amazon and reading the reviews. For example, you may have came across the I&T shop manuals.

According to many of the reviews I have read, they are "incomplete, vague, and misleading" which seems to be a consitent theme with these manuals. Here is the Amazon product link so you may read the reviews for yourself.

Massey-Ferguson Shop Manual: Models Mf135, Mf150, Mf165 (Manual Mf-27) (9780872881297): Clymer Publications: Books

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that the I&T manuals aren't any good as I really have no way of knowing, other than the reviews. However, it does not appear that they would be adequate for major service or a complete restoration like I will eventually be doing. Judge for yourself.
    I have used IT Manuals in the past and my personal opinion is they are inadequate for the average tractor owner.

The OEM manuals have system descritpions that describe the way the individual systems are supposed to operate and this is a big help when trouble shooting. They also provide the proper repair procedures for the various components. Jensales (Tractor and Equipment Repair Manuals and More - Jensales) is another supplier but they are spendy in my opinion. Yesterdays Tractors is another source of MF manuals. Too bad you eliminated ebay. I have gotten almost all my manuals through them. Google on the" Massey ferguson 35 tractor manuals" etc and you'll find some other sources.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

I've bought a number of items off Feebay WITHOUT using paypal. Contact seller and see if they'll allow payment by USPS money order. (many will) If so, there ya go! If not, keep looking.

MF/AGCO has 'em, but oil up the wallet, 'cause you'll be opening wide!

And I&T manuals are VERY useful! Get one, rip out the pages, and use the outer cover to protect the OEM manuals from grease and dirt! Pages are useful for starting fires in woodstoves.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    Soon I will be locating and eventually purchasing a Massey 35/135/150 and thought it would be prudent to locate a source for OEM Owners/Service/Parts Manuals. I have seen a number of people refer to sources on eBay but I no longer trust/use eBay or PayPal due to rampant fraud and would like to find better alternatives such as Amazon for example.

Please keep in mind that I would like to find OEM manuals or reprints of them as opposed to third party manuals which I have read can often contain many mistakes and/or omissions.
    When I bought my 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower (July06), I bought the service and parts manuals from Jensales (repros of the OEM manuals). They're pretty good--a lot better than the I&T manuals (which I have also).

Tractor & Equipment Manuals - Repair, Shop, Parts, Operators & Owners

Good luck.

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

Quote Originally Posted by Farmwithjunk View Post
    And I&T manuals are VERY useful! Get one, rip out the pages, and use the outer cover to protect the OEM manuals from grease and dirt! Pages are useful for starting fires in woodstoves.
    One of the best descriptions I've heard.

They're also good for those who want to have a shop manual, but don't or cant really work on thier own equipment anyway.

A factory manual will give you one more tool to help diagnose a problem, it's not going to make one a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by flusher View Post
    When I bought my 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower (July06), I bought the service and parts manuals from Jensales (repros of the OEM manuals). They're pretty good--a lot better than the I&T manuals (which I have also).

Tractor & Equipment Manuals - Repair, Shop, Parts, Operators & Owners

Good luck.
    awesome stuff....thanks

Elite Member
    Tractor

I just ordered the Operation and Service manuals for the Massey 135 tractor from Jensales and they should be here in a few days.

Massey Ferguson 135 NARROW,DELUXE,SPECIAL,4 cyl gas engine,3 cyl Diesel engine-Operator's Manual

Massey Ferguson 135 G and D Massey Ferguson 135 Tractor Manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast