massey 135 problems

/ massey 135 problems #1  

tattoo1979

Tractor
massey ferguson 135
Hi i have a massey 135. The probems that im having is it has a 300 allied loader and it seems slow and not very powerful, it runs of the internal hydralics and the 3 point seem quick to respond and very powerful as i have a 45 gallon drum full of concreat for a weight for traction. Any help on where to start would be much apperciated thanks jamie
Sorry it is a 68 with a 3 cylnder perkins dessil if it makes a difference

Last edited:
   / massey 135 problems #2  
Hi i have a massey 135. The probems that im having is it has a 300 allied loader and it seems slow and not very powerful, it runs of the internal hydralics and the 3 point seem quick to respond and very powerful as i have a 45 gallon drum full of concreat for a weight for traction. Any help on where to start would be much apperciated thanks jamie
Sorry it is a 68 with a 3 cylnder perkins dessil if it makes a difference

Your internal hydraulics can supply only about 4.5 gal/min flow which means your loader is going to work pretty slow. You have to supply at least two pretty large size hydraulic rams (cylinders) with long strokes when you operate the loader -- while the hydraulic ram for the 3pt is considerably smaller size with shorter stroke so it operates faster.

Some folks add an auxiliary hydraulic pump on the front of the engine crankshaft to run the loader. YOu have to be careful if you do this. The orginal owner of my 1964 MF135 diesel snapped the crankshaft right in the area of the front main bearing operating such a pump on the front of the engine.

Good luck.

/ massey 135 problems #3  
If the cylinders have 2 lines take the upper one off and raise the loader slightly(watch out for spray). If fluid comes out, the cylinder is bypassing and needs to be rebuilt. If the loader has down pressure also, raise the wheels and let go of the control. If it sinks back to the ground quickly this is another clue that the cylinder is bypassing.