Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey ferguson Model 65 gas

Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    I sure hope he comes back. I miss his updates and would like to see the finished machine. Hope all is well with you Massey.
    I hear ya. Can't wait. I'm living my restoration thru masseywv since I cant afford mine at this time.
    THINK BEFORE TALKING

KEEP LOOKING UP, FOR JESUS MAY COME TODAY

MASSEY FERGUSON 65 GAS (unbelievably reliable tractor)

PAST TRACTORS (RIP)
    FORD 3000 (great tractor)
    FARMALL 350 W/ T/A
    MASSEY FERGUSON 1433 W/ a woods 1012 FEL.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135 Multipower / Z145

Quote Originally Posted by toddol1971 View Post
    I hear ya. Can't wait. I'm living my restoration thru masseywv since I cant afford mine at this time.
    I've been missing updates. Wish they were still coming but mainly hope that he's doing well.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

I have not posted in a while but since I have some parts in I have come to a point I need a question answered. The block and head are at the machine shop and getting all new valves, springs etc. Head is getting milled due to blown head gasket. While I am waiting I thought I would go ahead and install the carb kit.

Here is my question. The replacement fuel valve is not just like the one currently in the carb. All other parts seem to be similar. The fuel value is the one located under the float and is pushed closed when the carb fills with gas. The one on the carb has the valve seat connected to the float by a twisted wire that ensures it moves up and down as the float moves. The replacement does not attach to float and would simply move up and down on its own.

I am not sure if this is a newer design or meant for a slightly different carb. I actually received two carb kits with my comprehensive overhaul kit. One for a Marvel-Schebler Ford and one Marvel-Schebler Massey basic carb kit. In both kits the fuel valve is the same. Hope someone can help me.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by Forester Massey
    I have not posted in a while but since I have some parts in I have come to a point I need a question answered. The block and head are at the machine shop and getting all new valves, springs etc. Head is getting milled due to blown head gasket. While I am waiting I thought I would go ahead and install the carb kit.

Here is my question. The replacement fuel valve is not just like the one currently in the carb. All other parts seem to be similar. The fuel value is the one located under the float and is pushed closed when the carb fills with gas. The one on the carb has the valve seat connected to the float by a twisted wire that ensures it moves up and down as the float moves. The replacement does not attach to float and would simply move up and down on its own.

I am not sure if this is a newer design or meant for a slightly different carb. I actually received two carb kits with my comprehensive overhaul kit. One for a Marvel-Schebler Ford and one Marvel-Schebler Massey basic carb kit. In both kits the fuel valve is the same. Hope someone can help me.
    You might want to create your own tread for your problem/question. Seems the OP of this thread is MIA or on an extended vacation. Just a thought. MasseyVW if your LURKING out there.. We miss you.. we really do..

It does sound like you have the wrong float though.

Silver Member
    Tractor

maybe your carb is a zeineth (sp?) and yes you should start your own thread
    THINK BEFORE TALKING

PAST TRACTORS (RIP)
    FARMALL 350 W/ T/A

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

Thanks Toddol:

I posted here since some of you are in a rebuild of this very tractor. The carb is a marvel-strebler but there is no number for exact type it is. Also, got my motor back from machine shop and will begin putting it together soon. Can't wait.

Silver Member
    Tractor

post a link to your new thread so we can follow it forester
    THINK BEFORE TALKING

PAST TRACTORS (RIP)
    FARMALL 350 W/ T/A

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

Today I finally got my rebuilt Z-145 back into the tractor. Every time I think I am going to make progress something seems to hold me up. For the most part, its because of my inexperience rebuilding these things. I have had the motor ready for some time but decided that since I had the motor off I would replace the clutch plate.

Buying the plate was the easy part. I put the new plate on and went to put the motor back into the tractor but it was not going together. I kind of knew about the clutch alignment tool but figured I could get by without it. No, that was not going to work. After several hours fiddling with it, I took the clutch home to study on it.

That's when I realized there was another plate in the middle of the clutch assembly. My shop manual kept talking about a torque drive clutch or dual. The light went off in my head and I realized I had a dual clutch. At this point I decided I did not have the tools or knowledge to take the clutch apart and decided to take it to a local tractor mechanic.

He told me they do not do clutches and for me to take it to Nashville clutch. I took it to them and in about 30 minutes they gave me back what looked like a brand new clutch with new throw out bearing and clutch bearing with new plates and resurfaced metal. They should call it clutch world because that is all they do. they also had the clutch tool. I am so excited to have put back a new clutch and know its one less thing for me to worry about down the road.

Other than a few parts to paint, its just nut and bolt from here.

Tractor
    2005 Kubota L5030 GST; Farmall 706

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post

Seems the OP of this thread is MIA or on an extended vacation. Just a thought. MasseyVW if your LURKING out there.. We miss you.. we really do..
    I have thought about him (MasseyWV) from time to time. I too have noticed his absence . Even tried to PM a couple of times, but apparently he has that feature turned off. I recall earlier in the year his wife had some medical issues pop up, and then the stalker / lurker she caught hanging around outside their house....I hope every thing is all right with him and his family.

If anyone knows him personally, we would appreciate any news....but from following his threads I know he values his online privacy, so I doubt anyone would have any info.....and he would probably say its none of our business anyway

So MasseyWV, if you have been lurking - we miss your posts and truly hope that things are well in your world.
    Dean

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Depmandog View Post
    I have thought about him (MasseyWV) from time to time. I too have noticed his absence . Even tried to PM a couple of times, but apparently he has that feature turned off. I recall earlier in the year his wife had some medical issues pop up, and then the stalker / lurker she caught hanging around outside their house....I hope every thing is all right with him and his family.

If anyone knows him personally, we would appreciate any news....but from following his threads I know he values his online privacy, so I doubt anyone would have any info.....and he would probably say its none of our business anyway

So MasseyWV, if you have been lurking - we miss your posts and truly hope that things are well in your world.
    Here here,
    Murph ------------

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast