My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #531  
With the exception of the engine, you could restore your tractor a little at a time. I was joking when I mentioned that getting it restored within a week would be pushing it, but forgot (bad habit) the emoticon. Then again, I suppose one could do it within a week, if they had enough help. :laughing:

With the injuries I have it would take me along time to restore mine. Ive already done a bunch of stuff to it. I rebuilt the starter. New water pump and front pivot support and bushings. New steering parts and exhaust/intake manifold. I rebuilt the starter, retro'd the alternator, had the radiator re-cored and and installed a new electronic ignition module in the distributor. Lots of things to still do. Clean hydro system and check pump. Install several new seals etc.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)
With the injuries I have it would take me along time to restore mine.

Restorations usually take a long time regardless, but I know the feeling... all too well. If it weren't for my back, I'd spend much more time working on my restoration project than I do now.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #533  
Great resto thread.MF 135 is what I got my first tractor experience on.I started driving it at age 11 from place to place around the area I lived to bush hog fields.By age 13 I was hogging fields by myself.Well,my uncle was always there just in case.Brings back fond memories of better time.

Great resto thread.MF 135 is what I got my first tractor experience on.I started driving it at age 11 from place to place around the area I lived to bush hog fields.By age 13 I was hogging fields by myself.Well,my uncle was always there just in case.Brings back fond memories of better time.

Thanks for the compliment, it's greatly appreciated. :)

These old tractors do have a certain nostalgic appeal, where one can almost imagine the farmer and their family plowing fields or harvesting crops. I don't know if its true, but I've read that the downward-type pedals on the old Ferguson and Massey Ferguson tractors were designed that way so a farmers children could more easily operate the tractor.

Today, I learned that a certain TBN member who frequented this thread suffered a heart attack late last year. He is now on the road to recovery and I don't know if he wishes to be identified so I shall not name him here. Please keep him in your thoughts or prayers and wish him well. :)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #536  
Thanks for the compliment, it's greatly appreciated. :)

These old tractors do have a certain nostalgic appeal, where one can almost imagine the farmer and their family plowing fields or harvesting crops. I don't know if its true, but I've read that the downward-type pedals on the old Ferguson and Massey Ferguson tractors were designed that way so a farmers children could more easily operate the tractor.

You're welcome.

I hadn't heard that but I can see how it was useful for smaller people and kids.I have stood on the brakes when I was a kid.I guess I didn't have enough muscle.I was an under size child.I didn't grow until my late teens.

Today, I learned that a certain TBN member who frequented this thread suffered a heart attack late last year. He is now on the road to recovery and I don't know if he wishes to be identified so I shall not name him here. Please keep him in your thoughts or prayers and wish him well. :)

:thumbsup: Will do.Hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.I had a stress induced heart attack a few years back.It's a very scary experience.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #537  
You're welcome.

I hadn't heard that but I can see how it was useful for smaller people and kids.I have stood on the brakes when I was a kid.I guess I didn't have enough muscle.I was an under size child.I didn't grow until my late teens.

probably cause the brakes quit working:laughing: I really dont know about the 35 but 65 has a speckled past with a small inner axle seal leak the brakes no workie. This probably doesnt happen on the 35 cause there outboard drums, but the 65 has inner discs that suck to work on. You have to pull the tire/rim, axles, 3pt arms and axle tubes. I HATE this set up. I wish they would have went with wet brakes. It would have been easier in the end.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #538  
double post

Last edited:
   / My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #539  
probably cause the brakes quit working:laughing: I really dont know about the 35 but 65 has a speckled past with a small inner axle seal leak the brakes no workie. This probably doesnt happen on the 35 cause there outboard drums, but the 65 has inner discs that suck to work on. You have to pull the tire/rim, axles, 3pt arms and axle tubes. I HATE this set up. I wish they would have went with wet brakes. It would have been easier in the end.

Possible.At 11 years old,I barely weighed 60lbs and I was only a little over 4 feet tall.My 9 year old son is way bigger than I was at 11.He's almost 5 feet tall and weighs 130lbs.He's a broad chest boy.He don't get picked on at school.I wish I could afford him the same experiences that I had at that age.

Sorry MasseyMV.I inadvertently jacked your resto thread.My apologies.