My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)
I've decided to take my blog idea to the next level because testing revealed that blogs are far too limited for what I have in mind. Forum threads share the same issue, in addition to having other "problems" that are beyond my control. When it comes to truly presenting information in an organized and editable fashion, a full data-driven website is the only truly viable option which will eliminate the "problems" and give me full control of the information I present.

Step one has begun, where I've secured a domain name and server space for my website. Did I mention that I'm a web programmer and database administrator? Now it's time to get my freak on and write some code, but that's the easy part. Creating and publishing good content is MUCH harder.

I've also decided that I'm going to write a restoration guide, only it will not be limited to one guide. It will be a series of guides. Authoring a book will be a new experience for me, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

In preparation for the eventuality of publishing a series of guides, I've contacted a number of book publishers and looked into the possibility of self-publishing, with the latter being a much more attractive option for me because it doesn't carry the added burden of royalties being paid to the publisher.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #552  
Always wanted to learn web design.I just can't seem to understand the coding language.Look forward to visiting your site.

Always wanted to learn web design.I just can't seem to understand the coding language.Look forward to visiting your site.

Once you learn one programming language, additional languages become much easier. Knowing the logical operations are far more important than the actual language itself. I think I'm up to 10-12 languages but gave up counting because everything changes so quickly. COBOL, FoxPro, Visual Basic, VBScript, HTML, XHTML, CSS, ASP, Pearl, SQL, MySQL, C, C#, .NET, PHP, Ajax, Ruby, and JavaScipt are a few that come to mind. Although some of them are outdated, and others aren't really true programming languages but one has to know them regardless. :confused2:

Thks for the grill assembly pics. You have saved me a bunch of time and research. My '65 assembly is in worse shape in some areas and I was trying to figure out which way to go, replace or repair. Again thks for your efforts

You're welcome. :)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #555  
Once you learn one programming language, additional languages become much easier. Knowing the logical operations are far more important than the actual language itself. I think I'm up to 10-12 languages but gave up counting because everything changes so quickly. COBOL, FoxPro, Visual Basic, VBScript, HTML, XHTML, CSS, ASP, Pearl, SQL, MySQL, C, C#, .NET, PHP, Ajax, Ruby, and JavaScipt are a few that come to mind. Although some of them are outdated, and others aren't really true programming languages but one has to know them regardless. :confused2:

I've got an IT degree from Marshall, and had several classes where I learned Visual Basic, SQL, and MySQL. I really enjoyed programming, but unfortunately I graduated at a time (2005) when IT jobs in WV were hard to come by, and I just couldn't make any money, so back to school I went...lol.

I've got an IT degree from Marshall, and had several classes where I learned Visual Basic, SQL, and MySQL. I really enjoyed programming, but unfortunately I graduated at a time (2005) when IT jobs in WV were hard to come by, and I just couldn't make any money, so back to school I went...lol.

Jobs, and especially good jobs, are very hard to come by these days.

Yesterday, I completed a number of small tasks such as sandblasting and priming the nose cone screen and hood stop lever assembly. I also made a new gasket (180481M1) for the transmission inspection hole cover plate before reinstalling it.

Prior to reinstalling the transmission inspection hole cover plate, I took a moment to replace the infamous cotter pin used to keep the bell-housing drain hole clear. Some people mistakenly believe that you have to split the tractor to replace the cotter pin, but this simply isn't true. All you have to do to replace the cotter pin is remove the 4 bolts holding the cover plate in place, then reach inside. It takes about 5 minutes... max.

2n856v7.jpg

14vtm4o.jpg

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #558  
That's a good tip to include in the manual.This thread has got me looking for an MF135.Is there a different designation for the diesel model?135D?

That's a good tip to include in the manual.This thread has got me looking for an MF135.Is there a different designation for the diesel model?135D?

They have the same model designation of 135, with the exception of the U.K. models (common in Canada) which have the 135X model designation. The key differences are the engine, transmission, and clutch. It's also wise to avoid tractors equipped with multi-power because it tends to be problematic and possibly even dangerous because there is no engine braking in low which could allow the tractor to free-wheel down hill.

In your case, you'll want to look for basically the same thing I'll be looking for in the near future. A Massey Ferguson 135 tractor equipped with a Perkins AD3.152 diesel engine (not AG3.152 because G means gas), and a dual stage clutch. Power steering and differential lock are also desirable options.

Last edited:
   / My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #560  
Today I put the old girl through her paces and she performed very well. I started at about 10 AM this morning and didn't stop until about an hour ago.

First, I graded my gravel driveway using the box blade and it's now smoother than it's been in years. After dropping the rippers and making a few passes, I was able to pull up so much gravel that I won't have to have gravel delivered as soon as I had originally thought. As many on TBN have said, the key to using a box blade on a gravel driveway is adjusting the top link. Tighten the top link for the rippers and loosen it for the blade, or somewhere in between, depending on the task desired. It's easy as pie, once you get the hang of it.

Next, I completed a large part of my earth moving project in the back yard. Again, the box blade was extremely handy to have, and that thing can move some dirt. The trick is to use the rippers to break up the packed soil and sod, then use the blade to move the soil.

It's been a long but productive day. I am wore out.

Man, nice looking machine. Nice to see one in that condition. Are you gonna work it or restore it?