Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747545556575859 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 583
  1. #561
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by curt3969 View Post
    Man, nice looking machine. Nice to see one in that condition. Are you gonna work it or restore it?
    Restore it... In fact, I'm almost done. Read the entire thread for the details.
    .

  2. #562
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16
    Tractor
    Massey 35

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Yep should've caught that one, sometimes I think i could use a new top end. Sorry about that.I need to start looking these post a little closer.I am excited to get my machine up and running although I am not doing a great restoration like your doing,I want a nice ,reliable tractor.I am glad that you all are willing and able to help a novice.

  3. #563
    Silver Member ben2go's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Upstate, South Carolina,USA

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    They have the same model designation of 135, with the exception of the U.K. models (common in Canada) which have the 135X model designation. The key differences are the engine, transmission, and clutch. It's also wise to avoid tractors equipped with multi-power because it tends to be problematic and possibly even dangerous because there is no engine braking in low which could allow the tractor to free-wheel down hill.

    In your case, you'll want to look for basically the same thing I'll be looking for in the near future. A Massey Ferguson 135 tractor equipped with a Perkins AD3.152 diesel engine (not AG3.152 because G means gas), and a dual stage clutch. Power steering and differential lock are also desirable options.
    Thanks for the info.I'd take a gas tractor,IF the price is right.

  4. #564
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by curt3969 View Post
    Yep should've caught that one, sometimes I think i could use a new top end. Sorry about that.I need to start looking these post a little closer.I am excited to get my machine up and running although I am not doing a great restoration like your doing,I want a nice ,reliable tractor.I am glad that you all are willing and able to help a novice.
    No problem. There's tons of information here that will no doubt take a long time to read. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, because helping people and having some fun while making new friends are the reasons why I'm here.
    .

  5. #565
    Elite Member Depmandog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,570
    Location
    Buckner MO
    Tractor
    2005 Kubota L5030 GST; Farmall 706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post

    No problem. There's tons of information here that will no doubt take a long time to read. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, because helping people and having some fun while making new friends are the reasons why I'm here.
    Were you abducted by aliens during your absence? Is this the real MasseyWV, or has your account been hacked

    Uh um ... There has been a definitive "change" since your return. Now mind you, I am not complaining, not one bit. But you just said "making new friends" (on the Internet...). The old you would not have said this!!

    Awe, just giving you a good natured ribbing. Not sure what you went through, but it appears it has had a positive effect on your outlook.

    Wish you the best, my friend. I sure hope the hard parts are behind you now!!
    Dean


  6. #566
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Depmandog View Post
    Were you abducted by aliens during your absence? Is this the real MasseyWV, or has your account been hacked

    Uh um ... There has been a definitive "change" since your return. Now mind you, I am not complaining, not one bit. But you just said "making new friends" (on the Internet...). The old you would not have said this!!

    Awe, just giving you a good natured ribbing. Not sure what you went through, but it appears it has had a positive effect on your outlook.

    Wish you the best, my friend. I sure hope the hard parts are behind you now!!
    I was taken aback by your comment and had to take some time to gather my thoughts before responding, not because I disagree, but because you're absolute right.

    Everything has changed, and the funny thing is... I can't say exactly what has changed, I only know that it has. I'm still the same old me, but at the same time, I'm not. While my ideals and sense of morality have remained the same, the "event" has somehow shifted my focus from the negative to the positive. Or maybe it was aliens after all.

    Regardless, it's a whole new ball game, and this is something else that I would not normally share, but in this case I'm making an exception... Lately, I've been listening to a lot of music and have found the following song titled "Dig Your Own Hole" by Gotye to be quite inspirational. The lyrics are in the description on YouTube.

    Last edited by MasseyWV; 03-15-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    .

  7. #567
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Seems the OP of this thread is MIA or on an extended vacation. Just a thought. MasseyVW if your LURKING out there.. We miss you.. we really do..
    I hadn't noticed this little nugget until I decided to read some of the old posts on this thread that I'd missed during my extended absence. This peacock is sarcastically strutting his stuff like a schoolgirl who has just been kissed, doing his best to taunt me while I'm recovering from a serious injury. BTW: My username is MasseyWV, not MasseyVW.

    All I can say is that it's childish and clearly demonstrates a complete and utter lack of character and self-esteem. I no longer have time for such foolish nonsense in my life, but wanted to point this out nonetheless.
    .

  8. #568
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Today, I pressed a new axle pivot pin bushing (part number 182850M1) into the front axle beam, using anti-seize compound as a pressing lubricant to prevent galling. The bushing is a very tight fit and should be pressed (not pounded) into place. The bushing can only be installed one way, with the lip of the bushing being flush within the recess cut into the outer edge of the hole in the axle beam.

    Note that I used a bushing that is almost twice as wide as the stock bushing, giving it more surface area which should reduce wear considerably.









    Last edited by MasseyWV; 03-17-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    .

  9. #569
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    52
    Tractor
    MF 50

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    what happened?

  10. #570
    Silver Member DaButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    138
    Location
    TEXAS
    Tractor
    MF165 & Ford 1500

    Default Re: My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by frankroberts View Post
    what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Depmandog View Post
    Were you abducted by aliens during your absence? Is this the real MasseyWV, or has your account been hacked
    Maybe the aliens came back

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747545556575859 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Massey 135 Front End Rebuild
    By moparman in forum Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM
  2. MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER
    By skilesmen in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
  3. massey 135 wiring loom for the lights?
    By jingle135 in forum Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
  4. Loader Massey Ferguson 135 Hydraulics Question
    By chooka in forum Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 05:05 PM
  5. massey 135 help
    By Jam579 in forum Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.