My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics)
Man, nice looking machine. Nice to see one in that condition. Are you gonna work it or restore it?

Restore it... In fact, I'm almost done. Read the entire thread for the details. :)

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #562  
Yep should've caught that one, sometimes I think i could use a new top end. Sorry about that.I need to start looking these post a little closer.I am excited to get my machine up and running although I am not doing a great restoration like your doing,I want a nice ,reliable tractor.I am glad that you all are willing and able to help a novice.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #563  
They have the same model designation of 135, with the exception of the U.K. models (common in Canada) which have the 135X model designation. The key differences are the engine, transmission, and clutch. It's also wise to avoid tractors equipped with multi-power because it tends to be problematic and possibly even dangerous because there is no engine braking in low which could allow the tractor to free-wheel down hill.

In your case, you'll want to look for basically the same thing I'll be looking for in the near future. A Massey Ferguson 135 tractor equipped with a Perkins AD3.152 diesel engine (not AG3.152 because G means gas), and a dual stage clutch. Power steering and differential lock are also desirable options.

Thanks for the info.I'd take a gas tractor,IF the price is right.

Yep should've caught that one, sometimes I think i could use a new top end. Sorry about that.I need to start looking these post a little closer.I am excited to get my machine up and running although I am not doing a great restoration like your doing,I want a nice ,reliable tractor.I am glad that you all are willing and able to help a novice.

No problem. There's tons of information here that will no doubt take a long time to read. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, because helping people and having some fun while making new friends are the reasons why I'm here.

/ My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #565  
No problem. There's tons of information here that will no doubt take a long time to read. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, because helping people and having some fun while making new friends are the reasons why I'm here.

Were you abducted by aliens during your absence? :) Is this the real MasseyWV, or has your account been hacked :)

Uh um ... There has been a definitive "change" since your return. Now mind you, I am not complaining, not one bit. But you just said "making new friends" (on the Internet...). The old you would not have said this!!

Awe, just giving you a good natured ribbing. Not sure what you went through, but it appears it has had a positive effect on your outlook.

Wish you the best, my friend. I sure hope the hard parts are behind you now!!

Were you abducted by aliens during your absence? :) Is this the real MasseyWV, or has your account been hacked :)

Uh um ... There has been a definitive "change" since your return. Now mind you, I am not complaining, not one bit. But you just said "making new friends" (on the Internet...). The old you would not have said this!!

Awe, just giving you a good natured ribbing. Not sure what you went through, but it appears it has had a positive effect on your outlook.

Wish you the best, my friend. I sure hope the hard parts are behind you now!!

I was taken aback by your comment and had to take some time to gather my thoughts before responding, not because I disagree, but because you're absolute right.

Everything has changed, and the funny thing is... I can't say exactly what has changed, I only know that it has. I'm still the same old me, but at the same time, I'm not. While my ideals and sense of morality have remained the same, the "event" has somehow shifted my focus from the negative to the positive. Or maybe it was aliens after all. :laughing:

Regardless, it's a whole new ball game, and this is something else that I would not normally share, but in this case I'm making an exception... Lately, I've been listening to a lot of music and have found the following song titled "Dig Your Own Hole" by Gotye to be quite inspirational. The lyrics are in the description on YouTube.

Last edited:
Seems the OP of this thread is MIA or on an extended vacation. Just a thought. MasseyVW if your LURKING out there.. We miss you.. :) we really do.. :)

I hadn't noticed this little nugget until I decided to read some of the old posts on this thread that I'd missed during my extended absence. This peacock is sarcastically strutting his stuff like a schoolgirl who has just been kissed, doing his best to taunt me while I'm recovering from a serious injury. BTW: My username is MasseyWV, not MasseyVW.

All I can say is that it's childish and clearly demonstrates a complete and utter lack of character and self-esteem. I no longer have time for such foolish nonsense in my life, but wanted to point this out nonetheless. :2cents:

Today, I pressed a new axle pivot pin bushing (part number 182850M1) into the front axle beam, using anti-seize compound as a pressing lubricant to prevent galling. The bushing is a very tight fit and should be pressed (not pounded) into place. The bushing can only be installed one way, with the lip of the bushing being flush within the recess cut into the outer edge of the hole in the axle beam.

Note that I used a bushing that is almost twice as wide as the stock bushing, giving it more surface area which should reduce wear considerably.

i2k8w4.jpg

mm4faq.jpg

29p3x8j.jpg

298yzc.jpg

2q0u91t.jpg

Last edited:
   / My 1966 Massey 135 Tractor (Pics) #569  
what happened?