Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Mike476 said:
Nice job, they sure look pretty all cleaned up, takes me back a few years to when I did mine.

Mke did you replace the sheet metal on yours?

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #92  
Looking good.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #93  
No, I had thought about it but spent time straightening it up best I could, I knew I'd be using it in the woods so I didn't want to spend the money in case I damaged it again.

Mike476 said:
No, I had thought about it but spent time straightening it up best I could, I knew I'd be using it in the woods so I didn't want to spend the money in case I damaged it again.

We'll you. Did a great job on it. It looks like new metal.

@Cmore.. Thanks dude. Having a blast doing it and watching it take shape.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #95  
Just read teh whole thread today. So you bought this tractor to clean up your small lot did all this work and are then gonna sell it? You must really like doing this stuff! I guess you may get your money in parts out of it but your time will be a loss mostlyid guess, unless you got a steal on the tractor.

Looking good though, i love the old iron.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #96  
Just read teh whole thread today. So you bought this tractor to clean up your small lot did all this work and are then gonna sell it? You must really like doing this stuff! I guess you may get your money in parts out of it but your time will be a loss mostlyid guess, unless you got a steal on the tractor.

Hello Nate. I actually bought the tractor off Craigslist and judged it's condition from the photos and talking to the owner on the phone three or four times. Another buyer called and had cash, but I had put a $500 deposit via Paypal. The owner was a man of his word and since I was first in line he sold it to me. It came with a six ft bush-hog and box scraper. For what I paid for it and since it was in such good mechanical shape I knew it was a win win buying it. I paid the guy extra and he delivered it from Jackson, Tennessee to my location.

Yes, I bought it to clean up the backside of the property where I live. I did plan on selling it when I get things in order. I got probably 75% of the area cleared and now decided to wait will a few frost to kill off some really bad honeysuckle thickets. I have another small farm (38 acres) south of my location with Scottish Highland cattle on it, where my son now lives. He has an old 9N and may take it down there to let him use it when I don't need it. We have two huge barns down there.

My decision to refurbish it was based on doing research and saw how neat they look when they where new. Another reason to take the tractor to my other place is I have a large shop to work on it if something major needs fixed.

Did I get a steal on it? I think so. I'm happy with it and having fun sprucing it up.. I love working on old machines and making them better than original. But not in this 95 degree 60-70% humidity..:eek: Thanks for your comment. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #98  
So are you still planning on selling it? Sounds like you will take it to the other property? I would do that, this is way more tractor than an 8n!

So are you still planning on selling it? Sounds like you will take it to the other property? I would do that, this is way more tractor than an 8n!
Dan, I do plan on selling it. I'm going to take it my son and let him use a bit. I'm in the process of looking at a few AWD's w/ROPS twice the 135's size with a front loader and a optional backhoe. My son may end up selling his 9N and getting my 135. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #100  
G,Day Mr Kid .
Nice. She looks as Flash as a Rat with a Gold Tooth:),Keep up the good work .
Regards from Down Under.
Hutch.