Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #161  
G'day Mr Kid.
She looks as flash as a rat with a gold tooth:cool2:, even better with the nice red bonnet on .
Keep up the good work .
Regards.
Hutch.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #162  
Looks real good, cant wait to see how the sheet metal turns out.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
vegaome said:
Looks real good, cant wait to see how the sheet metal turns out.

I've run into a snag on the sheet metal. The replacement front nosecone I bought to replace my rusted out one is not working out. I'll be getting a replacement used nose about the same vintage as my 1965. i'm going to weld all the pieces together so it can be removed in one piece for maintenance. It should work out great. it seems the nosecone I was sent was made by A&I and is ever to slightly taller than the original thus when test fitted the hood wouldn't close completely. So back to plan A.

Not a show stopper but a disappointment that some aftermarket parts are not fully compatible with ALL MF 135's.

So for now I'm working on the dash installing some new waterproof switches for the headlights and plough light with indicating LED's to show they're on.. Adding a flasher circuit for the fender mounted caution light. Adding fused circuits. (odd that no fuses are used on a 135) Adding a 12V accessory plug.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #164  
Kid, if I'm not mistaken (and am usually so....), my '67 has a fuse for the ignition system right next to the key....BobG in VA

BobG_in_VA said:
Kid, if I'm not mistaken (and am usually so....), my '67 has a fuse for the ignition system right next to the key....BobG in VA

Hmmm. Well there ya go. Mine didn't have any. but now it will. It will have three. Thanks for the info, that's go to know.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #166  
Looking good Robert, and congrats on being chosen as member of the month.

Mike476 said:
Looking good Robert, and congrats on being chosen as member of the month.

Thanks Mike, I am humbled to receiver that recognition.

I'm working on my fenders to get them back on. One is is great shape and just needs a tad of body work to tap out a few dings. The other is a new Sparex which is Identical to my original one. I'm highly impressed with thier quality.

BTW, I recently read the Sparex was bought by AGCO.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #168  
Very nice. I agree that gas is nice and especially when it will not be grinding 12 hours a way breaking gound like we once used small tractors. They are easy to start in cold weather as well if used to move snow.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #169  
I read that AGCO made the purchase, the market obviously supports the acquisition, which is good news for those of us keeping the older tractors running.

Very nice. I agree that gas is nice and especially when it will not be grinding 12 hours a way breaking gound like we once used small tractors. They are easy to start in cold weather as well if used to move snow.

Hello Gale. My first exposure to a 135 was back in 1972. My in-laws step father bought one and it was so much better than the old Ford 8N my father-in-law had. It had power steering and loved the colors. I thought back then, I'm going to own one of those one day. Well 40 years later I'm fullfilling that wish. Gas prices are a bit high now, but will drop once they get those two refineries back to 100% and they'll find something else to blame the President. Diesel is nice and thought about going that direction, but the price on this one was too good to pass up. I'm having a blast improving my gas Z145. Thanks for dropping by. -robert