Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Default Re: Refurbishing my Z145 135

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks I had to find the throttle lever that was tall enough, so when I cut off the end it was the same length as the original. Then it was just a matter of orienting it's position and tack welding it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Added some switches for auxilary and headlights. Added a 12V accessory socket. I need some cup holders. Anyone got any ideas for those. Needs to at least hold a 16 oz insolated mug. I need to rig up sometime for a small cooler too.

Attachment 298976

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Added some switches for auxilary and headlights. Added a 12V accessory socket. I need some cup holders. Anyone got any ideas for those. Needs to at least hold a 16 oz insolated mug. I need to rig up sometime for a small cooler too.

Attachment 298976
    Cup holder: I use a bicycle water bottle holder...couple of small screws thru the fender holds a 20 ounce coke or a 20 oz. 7-11 coffee cup..I've done this a couple of time on different tractors...works great...it also holds a claw hammer at the same time.....BobG in VA

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Quote Originally Posted by BobG_in_VA View Post

Cup holder: I use a bicycle water bottle holder...couple of small screws thru the fender holds a 20 ounce coke or a 20 oz. 7-11 coffee cup..I've done this a couple of time on different tractors...works great...it also holds a claw hammer at the same time.....BobG in VA
    Good idea Bob. I looked at few of those and the metal spring clip ones look like would be a wise choice. As for my hammer my left fender has a built in tool box. Te oval open hole type. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Fuel cutooff leak (fix)

Last week I put a gallon of gas in the tank to fire it up since July of last year. I was using a different type of starter/ignition switch and it's going to work out well. After shutting off the engine I noticed a small leak at the cuttoff wheel and glass bowl on the bottom left rear of the tank. It looks to be an original part. Farmers used that cutoff quite a bit so I wasn't surprised after tightening it still leaked. I cleaned out the glass bowl and the seal just wouldn't quit leaking. I elected to to just buy another new one. Around $16 w/free shipping. When it arrived I compared to the new one and amazingly they looked identical. There is a vertical tube that stands on the inside the tank to not to get junk sucked in off the the very bottom of the tank. There is a fine mesh surronding the tube as well. The upgrade (new version cutoff) appears to be the gasket between the glass bowl and and the output. There is a fine screen inside that the rubber gasket fits nicely against and when fully assembled looks like a good seal. Pictures to follow.

Here's the part I used. Massey Ferguson Fuel Sediment Bowl TO35 35 50 65 85 88 2N9155B | eBay

Attachment 300386 Attachment 300387 Attachment 300389
    Last edited by The kid; 01-30-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: deleted duplicate picture

Tractor
    David Brown 780 Selectomatic, L3800 Kubota, BX2200 Kubota

Hi Kid,

So glad you sent a welcome as I have learned a lot from your pictures. My David brown has almost the same Pan seat (shape and size) that your Massey does. I need a seat and found one by typing Massey seat instead of David Brown seat. I need a water bottle holder got that idea from this thread and sometime a 12V accessory socket. More snow in the driveway today so I'll clean that up and try to post some pictures of the tractor.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Quote Originally Posted by DB Pilot View Post
    Hi Kid,

So glad you sent a welcome as I have learned a lot from your pictures. My David brown has almost the same Pan seat (shape and size) that your Massey does. I need a seat and found one by typing Massey seat instead of David Brown seat. I need a water bottle holder got that idea from this thread and sometime a 12V accessory socket. More snow in the driveway today so I'll clean that up and try to post some pictures of the tractor.
    So glad you where able to use some of my jibberish. The original bucket seat with foam padding was a back killer on uneven ground was the leading reason I changed it. I got the idea of colorizing it from an old Hot Rod magazine. I saw this picture of a David Brown with a seat like mine.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

Tractor
    David Brown 780 Selectomatic, L3800 Kubota, BX2200 Kubota

Hello again Kid,
    Have been trying to take pictures. problems with loading the card into the computer. seems the new windows 8 computer will not recognize the XD card. Tried to put my picture that is in the computer onto the thread with no luck. Tried to put a quote in the lower left corner of reply's No luck there either. I know it will all get done but still taking time.

I did order the seat. Put new speed nuts on the instrument cowling. New Tachometer which is working well. Fenders taped to keep the Selectomatic 780 Live Drive decals undamaged. If all will come together I will have a real nice working tractor and this summer new tires.
    Plans are to get all before and after pictures together and post all.

See you later,

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Hello again Kid,
    Have been trying to take pictures. problems with loading the card into the computer. seems the new windows 8 computer will not recognize the XD card. Tried to put my picture that is in the computer onto the thread with no luck. Tried to put a quote in the lower left corner of reply's No luck there either. I know it will all get done but still taking time.
    You may need to get a new driver for your card reader. Goto device manager > media reader . right click and update driver. This sounds like a driver compatibility problem.

I did order the seat. Put new speed nuts on the instrument cowling. New Tachometer which is working well. Fenders taped to keep the Selectomatic 780 Live Drive decals undamaged. If all will come together I will have a real nice working tractor and this summer new tires.
    Plans are to get all before and after pictures together and post all.

See you later,
    Yeah, I'd like to see your David Brown. Sounds like your going to have one sweet tractor. I think I know where one is for sale south of me close to my other house.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast