Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #251  
G'day Kid.
You mentioned in one of your previous posts that you needed +60 degrees to paint, Come down under we are having some warm weather at the moment, 44 degrees c +,that should get the paint to go of quick:).Just a thought I will be painting my Chamberlain Super 70 sometime next year I will give you a shout and you can come over and help,only kidding,no PUN intended:laughing:
Very nice ,looking forward to seeing her complete,and as they say no doubt she will look ( Flasher than a Rat with a Gold Tooth).
Keep up the good work.
Regards.
Hutch.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #252  
Hi Kid,

Have been working on the David Brown 780 seat mechanism. Will have it all put together tonight. My problem is the Paint even with a 60 degree F workshop is having a very slow drying time (two days and still tacky). The white fenders and bonnet dried overnight but the leather brown rustoleum paint is the slow stuff. Leather brown is the closest I could get to David Brown's (Chocolate Brown) It is very close, not perfect, but close. I will get pictures tomorrow and the Super Comfort seat mechanism might be of interest to some. Outside temperatures have been 21 F for several days now. It is a wonder that I have gotten as much as I have, done. See you later,

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
G'day Kid.
You mentioned in one of your previous posts that you needed +60 degrees to paint, Come down under we are having some warm weather at the moment, 44 degrees c +,that should get the paint to go of quick:).Just a thought I will be painting my Chamberlain Super 70 sometime next year I will give you a shout and you can come over and help,only kidding,no PUN intended:laughing:
Very nice ,looking forward to seeing her complete,and as they say no doubt she will look ( Flasher than a Rat with a Gold Tooth).
Keep up the good work.
Regards.
Hutch.
Hutch. I shure would like take you up on your offer and come down there to see all those crazy lookin animals. Australia is an amazing country. Everyone there talks funny too. :laughing: Enjoy that nice weather down under. Try to send some up this way to Tennessee. Take care Hutch.

I learned a little trick with my fuel sending unit. I replaced both sending unit in the tank and gauge (old one was shot). Untill just recently I had not applied voltage to the gauge. What I found out was the rheostat on the sending unit (buyer claimed it was for a 135) was reading backwards. Arm down tank gauge reads full. Arm up, tank reads empty. After looking at the design I decided to modify it to see if I could make it work before getting another one. With the help of a tad bit of JB weld I was able to reverse the position of the arm. This reversed the readings. Now all I need to do it put X amount of gallons in the talk and bend the rod to calibrate the readings on the gauge.

The is the original sending unit which had an open wire. Seems the wiper snagged the wire and broke it into.

View attachment 304613

This is the replacement which show the plastic float arm glued in the opposite direction which will give correct readings in a positive sweep.

View attachment 304614

Hi Kid,

Have been working on the David Brown 780 seat mechanism. Will have it all put together tonight. My problem is the Paint even with a 60 degree F workshop is having a very slow drying time (two days and still tacky). The white fenders and bonnet dried overnight but the leather brown rustoleum paint is the slow stuff. Leather brown is the closest I could get to David Brown's (Chocolate Brown) It is very close, not perfect, but close. I will get pictures tomorrow and the Super Comfort seat mechanism might be of interest to some. Outside temperatures have been 21 F for several days now. It is a wonder that I have gotten as much as I have, done. See you later,

DB, I bet your using (original equipment) enamel paint. That type takes forever to dry unless you add hardener which also gives it a higher shine. Hardener will really speed up drying to a few hours to be enough not to be tacky. Pictures.. Yes indeed.

I found this picture of a restored David Brown 780. Sharp looking tractors.

View attachment 304618

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #255  
No illusions here, I see the 2 that attacted my post have attitudes.

No illusions here, I see the 2 that attacted my post have attitudes.
No "attacks" Bonez. No attitudes either. But an understanding. Thanks for your interest. BTW. Do you know you can remove your steering wheel without a puller? Using only a rubber mallet. Take care. -robert

Hello all. This will be my last post for awhile. I've got the tractor finished. Took it out in a drizzle rain today and made a few laps in the drive. Brought it up to operating temp to checkout for leaks I might have missed. My priority right now since getting Ole Sally done is working on my street rod getting it ready for the upcomming Good Guys car show at the Titans stadium. I've really got to hump it to get the interior finished and a new paint job. I'll post some pictures of my 65 when I get a chance to take some. Thanks for all those who have followed along. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #258  
what kind of car you doing?

what kind of car you doing?

Murf, the car is a 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe. I'm making some mechanical changed, interior redo, and lastly a exterior color change with original bright ware put back on from end to end. Here's a picture of the car when it was for sale in Atlanta. I have a lot of pictures of restoration but I'm not going to post them in this forum. I might use the photo forum if allowed.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #260  
Murf, the car is a 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe. I'm making some mechanical changed, interior redo, and lastly a exterior color change with original bright ware put back on from end to end. Here's a picture of the car when it was for sale in Atlanta. I have a lot of pictures of restoration but I'm not going to post them in this forum. I might use the photo forum if allowed.

I did one three years ago with a 454 700R trans wth power steering brakes windows and doors and a power sunroof from a caddy.uglest car I have ever seen but it paid well. The year after that the same guy ordered a Bentley.