I like it, looks better than factory

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #342  
Looks good! Wish I could retire and have enough time to do stuff like that

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #343  
Sweet! Nice job Kid! Really like your improvisation

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #344  
man that sure is a nice looking tractor thanks for the welcome

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Thanks Ty. I just scored a brand new chrome grill emblem for it on eBay. It's coming all the way from B.C. Canada. I'm fixing to pull the right rear axle out and put in new seals. I have learned a great deal here on this site and continue to learn. It's a great site. Thanks for the kind words -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #346  
The other lettering and taping trick is to use liquid windex.

Wet the adhesive and the surface down with windex. Slide it into location. Then use a rubber squeege or credit card to remove the wet bubbles.

This gives you 5-10 minutes of working time.

Would that work with decals with adhesive on the back. I have used just soapy water putting on water based decals in the past though.

Here's a picture of my NOS front emblem and side emblem I recently scored on ebay. Now if I can find another new side emblem would be sweet.

I refurbished my old ones and was using them. They wanted an arm and a leg to rechrome my old ones.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #348  
Would that work with decals with adhesive on the back. I have used just soapy water putting on water based decals in the past though.

Here's a picture of my NOS front emblem and side emblem I recently scored on ebay. Now if I can find another new side emblem would be sweet.

I refurbished my old ones and was using them. They wanted an arm and a leg to rechrome my old ones.

Did you get the bar too?

Nope. I bid on a good used set, but it went for more money than I wanted to give for it. I got both those pieces pretty cheap IMO. The early model 135's used a chrome front emblem. Later they started painting them silver. They do make the painted ones over in England. I see them for sale on ebay occasionally.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #350  

The Kid,
When they make firetrucks, they use the windex trick to apply ALL of the adhesive backed scotchlite(tm), seals, decals, and lettering.

I picked up the trick when I was a volunteer Fire/EMS, and saw the local dealer and the factory apply the adhesive after painting.
And they are always adjusting for the right look.

So yes, it is safe for adhesives.