Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Hello Doug,
The tractor originally came with the standard bucket seat and removable pads. I purchased a springy high back seat, customized it with MF colors and mounted it. It just sat too high for me so I ordered the original type replacement and put on a new seat bucket. The original one had a huge patch at the bottom that had rusted out and repaired. So I replaced the bucket seat and new pad. The back pad is held on with two wingnuts as the original did. The seat pad is attached with a cloth strap with snaps as the original did. I ordered them off ebay which is very competitive in price to online dealers. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #362  
Morning Robert,
Thanks for the reply, from what you wrote I can picture just what your talking about and it seems just too simple. One needs to step back and look. I wasn't sure about the backrest as to how you had the curve for the bucket. Mine (the bucket) is in very decent shape, it's just the wonkie cover the previous owner put it that stretches from the back to the front in one piece so when you sit on the seat you tend to slide forward all the time. Once again thanks.
Doug

Sorry for the late reply Doug but your welcome.

For those of you that are freshening up your 135 and want to put a few more personal touches on it. I have just a few of these left. I had these tags made to the same specifications as the original was. I couldn't have just one made, so I had the minimum made just to get one. :D It's not exact but darn close. If your tag was beat up like mine was this would put the icing on the cake. PM me if you might be interested in one. All you need to do is get some metal stamps to set your serial number on it. Drill out your old rivets and tap in the new ones as I did.

View attachment 376153

As far as I know this is the only reproduction tag for the Z145 Continental engine. I've seen Z120's and Z134's but no Z145's.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #364  
Wow! The contrast of refub vs. 'original' is fabulous!

Also, want to say that I appreciate your contributions to the thread on hydraulics. My MF35 [1960] has the problem of being stuck-up. Have it apart and local AGCO mechanic is helpful, as is bro-in-law.

Chukar71

Thanks for the reply. I've drove around in the front yard giving my grandson some fun thinking he's driving it and have had people pull in the driveway wanting to look at it. They asked "is that new." nope it's a 1965. I had a lot of fun, blood (literally) sweat and tears (mashed fingers) redoing that tractor. I'm looking for a Perkins diesel with power steering to restore for my next project

Sent via Ipad2

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #366  
Hello Kid,

Your tractor turned out beautiful, well done!

v/r

Mike

Hello Kid, Your tractor turned out beautiful, well done! v/r Mike
Thanks Mike. It was a labor of love. I learned a lot about it in the process. -robert

Sent via Ipad2

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #368  
Hi Lads

I'm just after joining the forum and would like some help with my MF135

I'm having trouble with the lift. Its very weak and control is poor. it also stutters.
I think the problem is related to the draft control where the top link goes. This part is loose and there doesnt seem to be any tension on the big spring.
Also when i lift the arms and then pull the toplink with my hand the lift goes down and up etc.

From reading the forum i need to take out the spring and check it. When i put it back in do i just tighten it up or is there a bit of setup required?

Is there any way of bypassing it? Meaning without repairing it?

another issue is that the control level only works from half way up. By that i mean when the control level is down and i move it to half way then nothing happens until i pass half way and then the lift moves. Is this normal?

Also i cant access the pictures on the forum anymore which were very helpful?

Any help would be greatful

Dec