Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
I got the paint gun out mixed me a small batch of MF Red with added hardener. Had to thin it out as recommened. It's comming out really sweet.

-=robert=-

I'm looking for photos of your 135 hood prop hinge.

I amvery interested as to how this hinger attaches and where it attaches near the fuel tank. Any help would be humbly appreciated -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #63  
Have been wondering whether you had any luck with determining the proper installation of the hinge mechanism. Mine doesn't have one, someone had attached a small link chain, it had damaged both the hood and cowl so I glued two pieces of hard rubber on the side cowl and hood that are mated when the hood is open to prevent using the hinge as the only stop. Not overly attractive but functional.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #64  
I've got a question. On the lower right side of the Instrument panel appears to be a window of some sort for a switch, serial number or something. It appears to have a factory blank bolted to the panel to cover it. Anyone have a clue as to it's purpose?

It's the location for the high-low lever on the MultiPower option. I have MP on my 1964 MF135 diesel and the lever is there.

Mike476 said:
Have been wondering whether you had any luck with determining the proper installation of the hinge mechanism. Mine doesn't have one, someone had attached a small link chain, it had damaged both the hood and cowl so I glued two pieces of hard rubber on the side cowl and hood that are mated when the hood is open to prevent using the hinge as the only stop. Not overly attractive but functional.

I do know it attaches to the rear of the hood. Judging from where it lines up it should be near the bolts to the fuel tank. Mine was a piece of rope. :smile: I also see prop rods sold on eBay with a wingnut but have found no reference to it. I may go ahead and buy a hing and make my own attachment point at the rear of the fuel tank.. I've been working on the sheet metal getting them all to line up. I don't know what year they cut the mold from on these aftermarket parts but it certainly wasn't a 65. -robert

Last edited:
flusher said:
It's the location for the high-low lever on the MultiPower option. I have MP on my 1964 MF135 diesel and the lever is there.

I saw that switch in my operators manual but it was a closure and didn't dawn on me that's where it went. Here's two pictures showing it, no that I know what goes there. thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry bout the upside down pictures. I used my iPad.. And didn't realize. Fixed.

Last edited:
Mike I found what I was looking for on the bracket. There is a mate to the scissor hinge. Now I just need to call around to see if I can order it and get rid of my rope.. :laughing:

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #69  
Interesting, I'm not able to confirm whether the bracket (hood side) remains on mine or not until I get home. If not, depending on the cost of replacements parts, I would look at fabricating my own if unreasonable.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #70  
That is an impressive gage layout on the deluxe. Can't say as I've wanted for any additional gages but that may be a case of you don't know what you're missing until you have it.